PDA

View Full Version : bored of waiting on 9.5? Perhaps you could help...

Verlon
03-15-2008, 06:44 PM
I am having trouble with LWCad in Lightwave 9.3.1.

It FEELS like a setting issue, but I can't find the setting (and I read the manual).

I add walls, then go to add windows or doors. They only appear at the 0 mark of the Z axis (if adding to the back view) and the "cutout" is made for all walls as if I used the knife tool. I cannot move it even by the numeric requestor.

I can solve the latter problem by selecting the wall where I want the feature before adding it. I still have to move the feature into place in polygon mode.

That said, the tutorials do not show this behavior, so I do not see why I should have to put up with it. :)

Yes, I asked Wtool on their support site, but I have not recieved a response. It IS the weekend. So I am asking here, where I happen to know there are a lot of LW gurus just sitting around hitting F5 and posting is desparation while they are jonesing for some tidbit of 9.5 news (which probably also won't happen since its the weekend). I was kind of hoping one of those would be able to provide a quick answer to my question.

keleb78
03-15-2008, 07:03 PM
4 all I know, U R supposed to place doors and windows in perspective view. Check the online videos on wtools3d site 4 further reference on the subject. There is also gr8 video on creating Your own windows/doors there.

Cheers!

Snosrap
03-15-2008, 09:01 PM
4 all I know, U R supposed to place doors and windows in perspective view.

I add doors etc in the back (front) view all the time. You should be able to move the doors etc. and even resize them interactively with the mouse.

Snosrap

Verlon
03-15-2008, 09:28 PM
I can resize them and move them, except that I cannot move them in "depth" of whatever plane I first create them in.

I have to right click or spacebar to complete the creation, then move it if I need to in that dimension.

Oh, its LWCad 2.5, because htat probably matters.

Snosrap
03-15-2008, 10:13 PM
Yeah keleb78 is right - you need to add them (to make the cuts)in the perspective view. At work we don't use the boolean function of this tool. We have added what we call "Start Parts" to the Archi Details library that bring in "assemblies" of drawers, doors, knobs and pulls etc. for furniture design. The attached image shows a concept rendering along with a prototype sample. LWcad is used extensively in creating molding profiles etc. and the above mention "Start Parts".

Cheers
Snosrap

Verlon
03-15-2008, 11:57 PM
ok, getting the perspective thing down....

Now, is there a convenient library of doors and windows somewhere available? If not, there should be.

COBRASoft
03-16-2008, 01:41 AM
Verlon,

I've had the same issue and Viktor told me it was a small bug which will be fixed in 3.0. For now, the depth change only works in perspective view. Resizing/rescaling works in all viewports.

Greetings,
Sigurd

Verlon
03-17-2008, 04:01 PM
If there is enough demand (and supply, I suppose) for it, Viktor would be willing to consider a "user library" of shared items.

Anyone else interested?

geothefaust
03-17-2008, 11:14 PM
Hey, good thread.

I have had this problem since I installed 9.3.1 as well. I really haven't found any way around it, so it puts a real hamper on things.

I am glad to hear that it's being addressed in 3.0.

Verlon, I think that is a great idea.