PDA

View Full Version : 9.5 is actually out! I swear!

Steamthrower
03-13-2008, 08:10 PM
I swear upon my word that Lightwave 9.5 is out.

This is not one of those other faker threads, because it is out.*

*But only to the closed beta folks.

Sarford
03-13-2008, 08:15 PM
your life is over.....

Kryos
03-13-2008, 08:16 PM
Ugh.... some people need better things to do with their time....

hrgiger
03-13-2008, 08:18 PM
why don't you hit yourself over the head with that guitar?

Kryos
03-13-2008, 08:19 PM
But I think it'd be more fun if all of us could take turns doing that for him. Hitting him on the head with that guitar I should say.

Steamthrower
03-13-2008, 08:28 PM
I knew I was committing suicide by writing that.

:ohmy:

archiea
03-13-2008, 08:31 PM
heh inigo, your my kind of joker!

geothefaust
03-13-2008, 08:31 PM
You sir, are going to pay.

Steamthrower
03-13-2008, 08:34 PM
Just make me pay! Ha! Just hit me over the head with the guitar! It's just made of ethereal vertices anyway!

I'll see you guys at SIGGRAPH, then you can try to make me pay.

rakker16mm
03-13-2008, 08:42 PM
That was really bad.

tyrot
03-13-2008, 08:51 PM
That was really bad.

dear rakker
totally bad...brutal even

i was really clicking like......that's it and

BEST

Steamthrower
03-13-2008, 09:09 PM
You poor gullible suckers. :D

Though this was out of frustration more than anything else. It's embarrassing to admit how many times I've seen a "9.5 out!" post and actually gone to look.

So. Payback.

KevinL
03-13-2008, 10:08 PM
You are sincerely invited....
to go buy any other 3D app and jump ship.

bye

P.S. this post has been edited to make this much more polite than deserved.

rakker16mm
03-13-2008, 10:52 PM
dear rakker
totally bad...brutal even

i was really clicking like......that's it and

BEST

I was going to recommend inigo07, consider making a guest appearance on Master Blasters? (http://www.metacafe.com/watch/37927/master_blasters/) :D

BUT that would also be a bit extreme. So I won't do that ;)

KevinL
03-14-2008, 12:08 AM
Oh, I think Master Blasters would be an ideal sport for our young, rakish adventurer. Anyone so bold as to pull this stunt is more than up to the being a passenger in one of those puppies.

Note in both my posts, no smileys. If obscenities were permissible on forums this would be one time I'd enjoy using one (or 14). Note also the clever cross reference to the "I swear"

StereoMike
03-14-2008, 04:52 AM
I knew it must be a bad joke and though I clicked...shame on me.

mike

pumeco
03-14-2008, 05:36 AM
Wow, this 9.5 release is 'almost' as eagerly awaited as the much anticipated "Breasts and Dynamics" by William Vaughan.

scratch33
03-14-2008, 05:40 AM
:2guns: :censored: :bangwall: :cursin: :compbeati :twak:

cresshead
03-14-2008, 05:41 AM
march 23rd...i KEEP telling you!

you can eat some humble pie when it arrives on the 23rd of march!

keleb78
03-14-2008, 05:53 AM
I swear too, but I mostly use "f" words :D

Steamthrower
03-14-2008, 06:38 AM
You all have twisted senses of humor.

Young and rakish adventurer? What put that collection of adjectives and nouns into your head?

Master blasters indeed. My car FYI does not go faster than 112 mph. I know. I've tried.

StereoMike
03-14-2008, 07:19 AM
@Cress: I get the impression your words will become truth...

mike

scratch33
03-14-2008, 03:09 PM
No lightwave 9.5 no party.

I'm going to see if modo 302 is out:cry: :cry: :cry:

geothefaust
03-14-2008, 03:15 PM
23rd for sure. Oh well.

Intuition
03-14-2008, 03:23 PM
Sad thing is its sitting right here and I have no time to test it, waiting on fumeFX sims.... which only allows me time to gloat on the internets. ;)

g4dual
03-14-2008, 03:46 PM
23rd for sure. Oh well.

23rd?
sunday?

rakker16mm
03-14-2008, 04:10 PM
Master blasters indeed. My car FYI does not go faster than 112 mph. I know. I've tried.

Well.... maybe if you add more rockets... :D

cresshead
03-14-2008, 04:53 PM
yup...23rd is a sunday...it'll be uploaded saturday evening and then the link will be available sunday not sure that will be GMT or EST but SUNday

less than 9.5 days to go now!

papou
03-14-2008, 04:54 PM
I'll see you guys at SIGGRAPH, then you can try to make me pay.
...don't forget your guitar.

Wickster
03-14-2008, 04:55 PM
OK, I'll bite the 23rd Date...but what's so special about the 23rd? Your BDay Cress? :)

cresshead
03-14-2008, 04:58 PM
23rd?

that's the day of 9.5 open beta..simple as that there's nothing MORE special than the release of 9.5 ya know...birthdays come every year...9.5 is only once

Qexit
03-14-2008, 05:02 PM
OK, I'll bite the 23rd Date...but what's so special about the 23rd? Your BDay Cress? :)Well, I don't know about over in the States but here in the UK March 23rd is Easter Sunday which would seem to me to be a very odd date to release an update. Can you imagine the choice on Sunday morning:

Do I open up LW 9.5 and start testing or break open the Easter Eggs and gorge myself silly on all their seductive, chocolate goodness ?

Hard decision :D

hrgiger
03-14-2008, 05:27 PM
Do I open up LW 9.5 and start testing or break open the Easter Eggs and gorge myself silly on all their seductive, chocolate goodness ?

Hard decision :D

Why can't you eat your eggs in front of the computer?

rakker16mm
03-14-2008, 05:31 PM
I think Easter is a perfect time to release a software update, especially if software engineers have been hiding some easter eggs. :thumbsup:

Qexit
03-14-2008, 05:40 PM
Why can't you eat your eggs in front of the computer?A hand-crafted Thornton's or Lindt chocolate Easter Egg has to be savoured, having LW 9.5 so close would be far too much of a distraction. In fact, I'd probably have to indulge in a glass or three of my favourite dessert wine just to keep me from turning to the computer. Hm....come to think of it that's not such a bad idea anyway :rolleyes:

Sarford
03-14-2008, 07:37 PM
I think Easter is a perfect time to release a software update, especially if software engineers have been hiding some easter eggs. :thumbsup:

LOL :thumbsup:

Hopper
03-14-2008, 07:39 PM

Wow .. where I live, I break open my eggs and all I find are dead chickens... that blows. You guys get all the cool stuff...

Hopper
03-14-2008, 07:42 PM
A hand-crafted Thornton's or Lindt chocolate Easter Egg has to be savoured, having LW 9.5 so close would be far too much of a distraction.
No worries there .. Just model some chocolate! Hmmm.. are we getting a Chocolate Node? A Hershey's Shader perhaps?

Ambival
03-14-2008, 08:08 PM
Me <- Allergic to chocolate. :) Bring on LW 9.5!

Qexit
03-15-2008, 03:28 AM
Me <- Allergic to chocolate. :) Bring on LW 9.5!That is tragic....but don't worry, I'll eat an extra one on your behalf :thumbsup: :D

DiedonD
03-15-2008, 04:18 AM
Well thank GOD ALMIGHTY you can have chocolates while testing beta. But what they did before was, make a release for 14 of February, Valentines day.

And most here I gather are married. And you had to choose between going out with wife OR testing LW Beta.

Newtek has these harsh tests to proove that we are loyal sometimes. Always releasing it while theres another great occasion. Just to see weather or not the other one will be SACRIFICED in the name of Newtek again.

But you shouldve thought it better NT. Chocolattes right in front of the computer :neener: :p :dance: :deal: :bday: :hammer: :hat:

iconoclasty
03-15-2008, 09:39 AM
I knew you were lying. But regardless, your word is now worthless. WORTHLESS!

CAClark
03-15-2008, 10:19 AM
I swear upon my word that Lightwave 9.5 is out.

This is not one of those other faker threads, because it is out.*

*But only to the closed beta folks.

You cock-end. Get a life.

LW_Will
03-15-2008, 01:23 PM
Iniglo, really, if you don't want the last words you see to be "Les Paul" I'd suggest you shut the f up, 'k?

Thank you... buh' bye...

Hopper
03-15-2008, 11:18 PM
Iniglo, really, if you don't want the last words you see to be "Les Paul" I'd suggest you shut the f up, 'k?
Hmmm not a bad way to go... But had you said "Ibanez", now THAT would have been quite frightening. :D

Stunt Pixels
03-16-2008, 03:16 AM
Really people, chill out. I want 9.5 to play with as much as anyone, but this is really just an expression of frustration with 9.5 not being in the download section. Don't take it so damn seriously.

eagleeyed
03-16-2008, 03:31 AM
Hmmm, yes, I was quite surpised at the major reactions of a couple of people, its just passing time and it allows the community to talk, and be jokingly angry at people.

It will come out eventually, we can just relax and talk while that happens, as said and I think it might stand true in this case:

A watched pot never boils.

Oh, and Stunt Pixels, Happy First Post :D

Bog
03-16-2008, 04:14 AM
Your name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my weekend. Prepare to die.

Firestar3D
03-17-2008, 02:42 AM
The open beta will be released when it'll be released. For all we know they're fixing some more bugs or their dev team managed to fix CC weights and they decided to implement the fix at the last minute... Wishful thinking I know, but still!

I'm far more concerned that NT fix the bugs that exist in Modeler and Layout and implement the promised feature set properly than I am at a delay in getting the next Open Beta out to registered owners.

colkai
03-17-2008, 03:00 AM
I'm far more concerned that NT fix the bugs that exist in Modeler and Layout and implement the promised feature set properly than I am at a delay in getting the next Open Beta out to registered owners.

As far as I can see, they've barely touched modeller, or at least, if they have, the code hasn't produced much obvious change for real-time work.
The way it's going, I'd be surprised if those of us who predominantly model will get too much from the LW9.X cycle, which is frustrating for me.

I mean, yeah, as folks have said, the renderer is really where most people use LW in the pipeline and the upgrades seem to be nice for those folks. Just sometimes, ya get to feel a bit like the second cousin once-removed who wasn't invited to the party ya know?
Not keen on the old chestnut that Modeller will be addressed in the "next release / cycle", limited budgets mean one can't put money down anymore based on what *may* happen.

Bog
03-17-2008, 03:20 AM
God, I hope you're wrong, Col! I'd be really surprised if we didn't see a bunch of advances in modeler - starting, please, with background-layer OpenGL speed, which is currently agonising.

I'm hoping it's a case of "Essential fixes first, sexy stuff second, hardcore stuff with modeler, dynamics and CA as the less-obvious but rip-snortingly powerful coup-de-grace".

IMI
03-17-2008, 04:41 AM
As far as I can see, they've barely touched modeller, or at least, if they have, the code hasn't produced much obvious change for real-time work.
The way it's going, I'd be surprised if those of us who predominantly model will get too much from the LW9.X cycle, which is frustrating for me.

Yeah, I hear you. Supposedly there are more UV tools, but I'm hoping it's not just that they added the PLG tools to the menu. Hell, any of us can do that. I did over a year ago. ;)
I'd really like to see Modeler have the ability for symmetry on the Y and Z axis. Other programs which shall remain nameless have that already...

If Modeler doesn't show a good amount of "catching up" in the 9.x cycle, we Modeler enthusiasts out to begin our own whine and b*tch-fest rampage, like the node, bones, and fur people do. ;)

colkai
03-17-2008, 06:24 AM
Yeah, I have no "hard evidence" to base my feelings about if we'll actually get anything this time around, but so far, focus has very much been on the Layout side of things. Even then, very much, to date, on the lighting / rendering.

It just seems that, to do *anything* worthwhile in modeller, they'd need more time and I just don't see it happening now for this release. As always, I'd be delighted to prove wrong provided it was a decent update to modeller and not just some token thing to try and keep us tied-over.

As it stands, for me, it could well be LW10 is likely to be the first upgrade I won't be pre-ordering based on trust alone. Assuming I upgrade at all, I think I'm going to need to see things that are of value to me next time around before parting with money.

As a hobbyist, as many, I am running on a very limited budget, I just can't afford to buy something and "write it off" against expenses. :(

Steamthrower
03-17-2008, 06:48 AM
Your name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my weekend. Prepare to die.

I thought we had been there before.

Joy to the World!
For Bog is dead
I protocolled his head
Don't worry about the body
I nuked it down the potty
Round and round he goes
An' round and round he goes
Down through the sewer
Pipes it flows.

starbase1
03-17-2008, 07:06 AM
God, I hope you're wrong, Col! I'd be really surprised if we didn't see a bunch of advances in modeler - starting, please, with background-layer OpenGL speed, which is currently agonising.

I'm hoping it's a case of "Essential fixes first, sexy stuff second, hardcore stuff with modeler, dynamics and CA as the less-obvious but rip-snortingly powerful coup-de-grace".

Starting please by fixing rounder...

IMI
03-17-2008, 07:59 AM
Starting please by fixing rounder...

Rounder works fine, you just have to have a psychic connection with it to make it understand what you want to round. ;)

Steamthrower
03-17-2008, 11:08 AM
That's the ESP plugin, search Flay.

IMI
03-17-2008, 12:31 PM
That's the ESP plugin, search Flay.

Nope. Couldn't find it. ;)

Steve Warner had a nice Rounder video tutorial showing how it's supposed to be used correctly. But even he described it as the only tool in Modeler which actually fights you every step of the way. ;)

Steamthrower
03-17-2008, 12:57 PM
Every other time I use it it crashes. On Windows or on Mac, because I "did something illegal".

I really hate that tool. With vehemence.

starbase1
03-18-2008, 06:33 AM
Every other time I use it it crashes. On Windows or on Mac, because I "did something illegal".

I really hate that tool. With vehemence.

But it would be SO cool if it actually worked properly, there are just so many occasions when I want to round off too sharp edges to make things look more real...

Nick