PDA

View Full Version : goLIGHTWAVE-new song ("calm" ending included)

tyrot
03-13-2008, 09:11 AM
Dear Wavers

http://www.iveda.net/goLightwave.mp3

This one is not my fault. dearest Inigo wrote lyrics in a thread. I couldn't resist to make something for it. Then I asked a bit more lyrics. He kindly delivered rest of the lyrics. I promised him to complete the song and share with community.

goLightwave

My girl just left me and I lost my dog
My car just broke and I got evicted
Volumetrics shinin through the fog
Modo's bout as buggy as I predicted.

Modo and Maya and Max
Infecting me like anthrax
The icon bars and GUI
Are turning me screwy...

go Lightwave
you just gotta love our way..(the wave)

I hate my job and I hate my mesh
Carpal tunnel's eating into my flesh
My eyes are red with bloody rims
The sun goes down and ev'rything dims...

Modo and Maya and XSI too
I'm hating not knowing what to do
THEY driving me insane ....up the wall
I'm turning into a nutcase screwball!

CHORUS

Now nothin's the matter with the world
I'm drinking a martini with it nicely swirled,
I built my job and I bought a car
And strummin on a thousand dollar guitar...

"calm part for calmer audience - kind of lightadagio"

Lightwave
I crave
Lightwave
I rave
Lightwave
I crave

Lightwave Sending out a Shockwave....../

http://www.iveda.net/goLightwave.mp3

BEST

caccipergolo
03-13-2008, 09:17 AM
man i love you

connerh
03-13-2008, 09:25 AM
Tyrot, you've got the best disposition out of any crazy person I've ever met.

For some reason this makes me think of NIN. Anyways, yet another good one, but maybe you should stop for a while? I'm thinking that your music may be slowing the dev team down, as they're jamming out to your songs. :P

art
03-13-2008, 09:31 AM
Tyrot,

Are you planning to release the best of LW hits? This is your 5th or 6th LW song if I remember correctly. Can we still get the old ones?

Art

Steamthrower
03-13-2008, 09:43 AM
Ah, this brings tears to my eyes. Rock on.

Intuition
03-13-2008, 10:29 AM
OMG, hilarious.

Well produced too. What music apps are you using?

I used to use Logic audio but have been using pro-tool 7 for a few years now and I also use an app called reason for samples and drums.

Love the song. :D

Steamthrower
03-13-2008, 10:31 AM
I think he uses Ableton Live.

I normally stick to Soundtrack Pro and GarageBand, but from what I've seen, Reason's pretty nice as well.

Great work, again, Tyrot!

tyrot
03-13-2008, 11:07 AM
dear con

i was thinking the same :)

art, actually old material is pretty heavy and very out of hearing range :) there are couple of unfinished material...i think i must collect them in a decent website with some other suprises.

intuition as inigo mentioned i love Ableton Live but i use amazing amount of plugins...

cacci.. :) thanks man...appreciated..

Best

StereoMike
03-13-2008, 11:19 AM
Thanks Ty, that's soo cool that we have a guy that makes us songs about our everyday lives!

mike

DragonFist
03-13-2008, 11:25 AM
Tyrot, These songs of yours are not my cup of tea in terms of music genre(I'm an old school rap, 80's freestyle music type of guy -- throw in some 50's doowop as well, I guess), but I have to say that they definitely sound like professional tracks from the genre.

Good job.

GraphXs
03-13-2008, 11:27 AM
Great music...Thanks Alot! :thumbsup: :lwicon:

*Pete*
03-13-2008, 11:31 AM
well done man!! :thumbsup:

you should post the whole collection of LW songs you have...this is what, the third?. did i miss any?

geothefaust
03-13-2008, 11:32 AM
Downloading now... I can't wait to hear your latest tune. Every single one rocks my socks off. Thanks again tyrot. :)

geothefaust
03-13-2008, 11:44 AM
Just finished listening... Killer tune once again. You are a total bad @ss! Keep pumping out those tunes and throw out an album!!

jeremyhardin
03-13-2008, 11:55 AM
Wow, pretty good. Especially since it's about a 3d application. Love the last bit.

Steamthrower
03-13-2008, 03:10 PM
What filters are you running your voice through, Tyrot?

At first I thought your style was like Nine Inch Nails, but then I suddenly realised that your style is about 12 times as good.

tyrot
03-13-2008, 04:00 PM
dear inigo

there is a magic company i call Camel Audio...Their CamelPhat is all over vocals..I m tuning some presets..and their CamelSPace for my every dance song (damn i make those once too sometimes:))

And also because i was making these songs very fast i used Karma's delays and some other free Vst delays..There are some killer Vst plugins out there for free.

I use long chains of vst on guitars..some presets from extremist (vst) amplitube etc

and for master channel, i mean if you wanna spend your money on two things
for master channel :
-izotope ozone
-wavearts plugins

especially ozone gives amazing depth into any sound right away..

for string type ...i still use edirol's orchestra but im gonna add my chain dedicated orchestra plugin soon...

Best

Steamthrower
03-13-2008, 04:21 PM
If you don't mind me asking, what equipment do you have to record your guitar with?

zapper1998
03-13-2008, 04:54 PM
awesome, i like it
NewTek load it up for the web site MUSIC....

bobakabob
03-13-2008, 05:02 PM
"Liiiiiiiightwave..." phew! An epic track Tyrot, you should definitely make a Lightwave concept album. Hilarious lyrics and top guitar and vocals.

Some nifty drum programming - kudos to your robot ;)

zapper1998
03-13-2008, 05:12 PM
\

By the Way My GirlFriend just LOVES it....

MORE MORE

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

tyrot
03-13-2008, 05:50 PM
dear inigo

this is full Vst setup chain

for guitar
- noise gate...(i use free noise gate vst)- amplitube 1 or 2 doesnt matter -track plug (from wavearts) - Karma Delay ...(cheesy but fast )

(lets say for bass chain is same till Track plug, after/before add CamelPhat Bass presets)

for vocals
- there is only one CamelPhat preset

for drums
- Cut paste from a drum sample...I really have no time for drum programming (although i wanna dive into addictive drums or ezdrums..)

I have no proper mix or mastering knowledge..(this summer i will get some courses hopefully from US or UK ..i just go blind - deaf)
But i do have one proper knowledge about Phat-mastered sound which is putting Izotope Ozone in master channel (or bus channels) and tuning some presets..If you turn off it becomes thick mud..

The one thing is really suprises for me i mixed everything with headphone i really didnt hear any of them from speaker. I bought M-Audios M5's but i even do not have place on my table for putting them (5 monitors cover the area ) :)

bobakabob thanks man..I think i should model some characters and make some previz for music video..(full 3D of course) :)

thanks Zap...for comments...(more more part is hard hard ...for now now :))

but i should make ONE "exception"..Actually i was writing lyrics by myself and not posting here cuz you know ..it is a song for a software and its community and its state...So i was just making them for giving me extra mental support (lonely lw rangers needs help you know)

But exception wrote lyrics in OpenBeta thread i guess..I thought "hey that is so cool so i m not that much weirdo at the end". after inigo's lyrics...I believed there is a real background here

I made songs for other things but then i realized i dont have any single symphaty for so many things around me. So LW as a whole is the only source for inspiration. And one last thing This Community is Full of Artists. I mean not just 3D artists. Almost everyone has knowledge about music softwares (see we are even discussing VST chains) so it is So great to add some classic tunes and getting accepted :)

so it has started with exception's lyrics i must re-mix and add some good parts and finish it....time to time i ll post some tunes... just for fun...

Best

zapper1998
03-13-2008, 05:53 PM
just kidding :thumbsup:

what are the links to the other songs u did ???

would love to hear them also, Please Please with lots of sugar on it...:D

michael

tyrot
03-13-2008, 06:13 PM
dear zap :)

man...i remembered just now..this madness came out from this forum. Oddity (when he was a member) ranting on Flash websites..etc. It has started in that thread and with this song....

http://www.iveda.net/ihateyoumorethanaflashwebsite.MP3

BEST

Steamthrower
03-13-2008, 07:56 PM
Oh what a lark!

Oddity was the root, eh?

That's hilarious.

connerh
03-14-2008, 12:10 AM
I have something embarrassing to admit to. I've put those songs on my mp3 player. On my way to work I was listening to them and sufficiently weirded out the guy that I drive with to work.

Oh no! 404 posts, Conner not found 8/

eagleeyed
03-14-2008, 12:47 AM
I have something embarrassing to admit to. I've put those songs on my mp3 player. On my way to work I was listening to them and sufficiently weirded out the guy that I drive with to work.

Oh no! 404 posts, Conner not found 8/
It took me a bit to get the 404 joke, purely cos I did not think to look at your post count. :)

Great work Tyrot aswell. :P My bro is thinking I have gone mental (I mean MORE mental).

Steamthrower
03-14-2008, 06:36 AM
Actually it's on my iPod as well. Don't be embarrassed, Conner. :D

*Pete*
03-14-2008, 10:18 AM
I also added the songs to my mp3 player...pretty cool, it sounds like Rammstein meets Lightwave.

i expect Tyrot to post a song daily untill we get the beta...to keep the people at the forums happy about atleast something :D

roger1972
03-14-2008, 10:28 AM
hahahaa just love it :-D

geothefaust
03-14-2008, 10:31 AM
Wow, and here I was thinking I was alone in the MP3 player adding of the tunes. I feel like we're in a genuine club. :beerchug:

*Pete*
03-14-2008, 11:23 AM
Wow, and here I was thinking I was alone in the MP3 player adding of the tunes. I feel like we're in a genuine club. :beerchug:

yeah heheh..and im sure that if anyone else hears the song they will think the words "lightwave" in biblical terms, with 9.5 being a chapter in the bible and hell as the place we are in untill the godly ray (jay?) of lightwave rescues us.

...you know, after all...most people have no idea of what is 3D, and even less what Lightwave is.

Steamthrower
03-14-2008, 11:31 AM
I'm sure people already treat us like we escaped from a mental facility. We can't get much worse. :D

harlan
03-14-2008, 12:06 PM
lol... too funny!

nice work on the music too!!

*Pete*
03-14-2008, 01:47 PM
I'm sure people already treat us like we escaped from a mental facility. We can't get much worse. :D

speak for yourself...people usually like me and have no idea of me doing 3D :D

Steamthrower
03-14-2008, 02:11 PM
Shhh...nobody 'round here knows I do it either. I model by the light of the moon in a small cave outside of town.

DiedonD
03-15-2008, 03:47 AM
And dont you guys ever work in broad light like I did, otherwise youll find yourself surrounded in soft maddhouse walls :thumbsup:

Excellent work Tyrot. So... It is a fact then. Man expressess his (waiting) frustrations into art. Especially music huh Ty? :)

P.S - Helal olsun be Emrah. Ben zaten metal musiginde yim. Yani, metal musigi severim ve bir zamanlar baterist bile bir concertte cikmistim. Ama, sesin insanin ruhunu titretiyor, ve musikte da bateriler cok iyi cikmis :thumbsup: . Ben hala bir Turk kardesimin sarki yapamadigini bulmamaktayim :) . Hemen herkes sarkiyla ilgili dir. Tamam o zaman. Ben trikleri yazarim ve sen muzigi yaparsin, ve boylece ikimiz yakariz burasini vallah :)