and the new hulk look
and the new villan
have you found any flaws in any of the shots in the trailer
please feel free to comment
below is the trailer link
http://www.spike.com/presents/hulk

jbaudrand
03-13-2008, 07:52 AM
very impressive, except the falling shoot of liv tyler in the copter.

JeffrySG
03-13-2008, 08:34 AM
The story seems like it could be pretty good - very different than the last Hulk. From what we can see in this trailer I don't think the Hulk looks very real. Has a very CG look to me, although I think the Abomination does looks pretty good. Truth is, for me, if the story is good and makes sense, I don't care if some of the CG isn't the best in the world. The Hulk does look cool, either way!

Here are three screen grabs to view, if you don't want to watch the trailer:
http://tinyurl.com/35zfew

Darth Mole
03-13-2008, 08:47 AM
Hmm. Yeah, I agree that Hulk looks CG.

Still, looks way better than the new Speed Racer trailer. What a load of dump!

Phil
03-13-2008, 09:24 AM
Hmmm. Nothing there that stirs me, sadly.

tyrot
03-13-2008, 09:57 AM
Hmmm. Nothing there that stirs me, sadly.

dear phil

i agree

ok i accept that CG is not ready (lets say) but Edward Norton is ready for years you know . Why dont you put some transforming scenes or at least tantrums delivered by Norton's insane skills.

He was talking like saving the planet hero ..which i am afraid he is gonna be...

But also i have read somewhere there is a major conflict between Marvel and Norton recently and trying to settle things are in movie..not a good sign.. Probably Norton is trying to pull Hulk into his acting - expression extremes and Marvel is trying to limit him..

And in terms of editing trailer has amazing "bad moments" cutting same face over and over again...and not telling anything...and liv is really living in middle earth...still..

Best

JeffrySG
03-13-2008, 10:26 AM
...and liv is really living in middle earth...still..
lol

She's definitely not Jennifer Connelly.

thekho
03-13-2008, 12:58 PM
It looks cool trailer! but i agree with everyone that one looks cg! I rather be first hulk cgi (movie) which it looked fantastic and inspired me to develop my character model skill. Also great film too. Eric Bana Rocks too!

Anyway, i'm looking forward to see this new one!

tyrot
03-13-2008, 02:08 PM
dear neverko, thekho

i agree. I have read probably hundreds of posts about how first movie sucks. I think that s why we are minority. Eric Bana simply delivered that movie with amazing Jennifer Connelly.

It wasn't a super hero movie, probably that 's why people didnt like that one.
probably also Norton is trying to pull the movie in to Movie Art and others want Just CGI with Hero on it.

It will be i guess hard task for Norton to have independence. He may turn into Hulk when dealing with those fellas..

If you type edward norton on Hulk ..you will find lots of videos from his interviews. When he talks he talks about story, character development etc.
He also stressed that he wouldn't do the movie if he couldn't control the Hulk CGI face as an actor...

I wanted to see those moments in trailer.. I hope we will find them in movie.

Thanks God Christopher Nolan Saved BATMAN from that crazy stupidity and recreate the character...

Best

bobakabob
03-13-2008, 03:43 PM
Nothing of the spirit of the original 60s book. They look like CGI dolls in corny action poses... Toys R Us meets the Hulk :D

DragonFist
03-13-2008, 03:51 PM
I will give this one a chance. I personnally like the Eric Bana one. Felt the final "boss" battle needed to be more about "Me Hulk Smash puny human father guy" but other than that, it was a well told story.

This one seems to be trying to bring it more over to an action movie and I'm okay with that as long as it isn't a whole lot of cheese.

theo
03-13-2008, 05:18 PM
Hmmm... this is what the non CG-eyed critic at dlisted thinks of the big green-
Hehe...:D ...http://www.dlisted.com/node/24543

bobakabob
03-13-2008, 05:35 PM
Oh dear... Judging from that still ol' Greenskin looks like Arnold Schwarzenegger crossed with Paul McCartney. The Hulk's hairstyle in the earlier film was dodgy but this looks like a Beatles moptop circa 1965. And what's with the bloodvessels... ?

hrgiger
03-13-2008, 07:03 PM
Did someone say Jennifer Connelly? She makes me feel kind of funny. Like when I used to climb the rope in gym class.

globalnode
03-13-2008, 07:16 PM
Did someone say Jennifer Connelly? She makes me feel kind of funny. Like when I used to climb the rope in gym class.
you must really like Requiem For a Dream... Great movie!

tyrot
03-13-2008, 07:28 PM
dear HR

and also Dark City..(my fav.) and A beatiful mind...

She really slows the time when she looks..

Best

hrgiger
03-13-2008, 07:35 PM
Dark City. Great one. Also, if you just need a Jennifer Connelly fix, I highly recommend Career Opportunities. She's wearing a form fitting wife beater through most of the movie.

thekho
03-13-2008, 08:06 PM
Yeah Dark City is so awesome also my fav too! I liked Labyrinth as well!

JeffrySG
03-13-2008, 10:49 PM
Dark City and Requiem... two of my favorites...

(different kind of move from the rest, but she was great in House of Sand and Fog as well)

jin choung
03-14-2008, 01:43 AM
hulk looks plasticky...

it's tough to do a humanoid and muscular character that's stripped to the waist these days because the traditional skinning methods make it looks distractingly like a rubber action figure.

there didn't seem to be much/any skin sliding or give or jiggle to the flesh. i dig the veins. vacularisation.... dude's been working out, protein shakes, getting cut up with aerobic exercise too. but it doesn't look like flesh.

hair dynamics looks really good and right in one shot.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

story looks awesome! instead of being a self absorbed prick with a daddy complex this hulk is actually... HEROIC! which is something the last movie forgot... making him instead basically a victim of unjust forces.

and general ross is an actual bad guy. fing awesome. finally, some fing drama around here.

i'd f connely before tyler any day of the week but c's kinda cold and impenetrable (giggity). tyler is more human. registers more affect. good choice and i think she'll work out well in the role.

oh and tim roth! yay. glad he's back on the upswing. love that guy.

loved the helicopter shot... less for the execution than the idea of it. that's just cool.

that's how you fing drop the hulk into a situation!

jin

DreamWeaver
03-14-2008, 02:00 AM
Yeah it looks like it will be really fun and the hulk looks like he acts way closer to the comic version than he did in the last movie. I just hope that this is not the final renderings and that the hulk is a bit more bulky with proprtions close to what he has in the comics.

Although if this is a true comic book movie and its as fun as it is looking then the fx really would be fine like they are cause I still enjoyed the trailer.

MrWyatt
03-14-2008, 02:32 AM
we'll see how it turns out to be. at least the cast is better than the first one.

jin choung
06-14-2008, 02:39 AM
ack.... saw movie tonight. no spoilers....

movie was okay... starts VERY STRONG but kinda loses its way... too bad. really sets up a compelling story for bruce banner. as a person forced to live as a fugitive, his life is ever at the bottom of every social rung, working the lowest of jobs, being constantly afraid, cold, hungry... and in this station in life, wandering the world like kane in kung fu, he both experiences humanity at its very worst but also the shocking kindness of strangers.

VERY POETIC. you can totally understand why the tv show worked well as a week after week episodic.

and there're lots of good nods to the rest of the marvel universe - introducing us to no less than two different gamma radiation villains i think.

acting and script is problematic... mostly the script. there were times where the movie wanted to portray strong emotion but just ended up being people staring at each other... kuleshov effect just wasn't enough.

much more coherent than the ang lee version though and unlike that movie, this movie doesn't completely fall apart.

but UGH... this movie is RIDICULOUSLY GREEN. having a CONTROLLED PALETTE is one thing but because of how conspicuous the color green is, it should have been used more sparingly... or as an accent instead of the main motif... here, the conspicuous green lighting and props and clothes and even bed spreads just make it look like an inside joke instead of a coherent production design.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CG:

biggest problem - hulk is just ugly. not in a good or designed way either... just the modeling and the face... just... ugly.

it's a REALLY hard character to get right... it's humanoid after all... so just like a cg human, it's tough. but still, the hulk should've taken its cues more from the comics. because as rampagey as hulk got, there was an appeal to the character's very appearance... not so much here.

he's very ripply and unlike my take on the trailer, there's a LOT of fleshy jiggle and ropey sinews flexing and stuff... but it just makes the character look really grotesque.

http://marvelkids.marvel.com/videos/ the hulk shown in "iron man's adventure" gets a LOT of things right... actually, that entire 4 episode cartoon is fing awesome. unbelievably awesome... the only character that doesn't look quite right is spider-man. but yeah, more design attention should've been paid in making the hulk APPEALING. and the hulk is OVERTLY HEROIC AND KIND HEARTED... something that is the most psychologically compelling about the marvel character... he lacks the intelligence of banner but behind every "hulk smash" is a GOOD HEART.

the movie comes close to hinting at that... but more than anything, the hulk just comes across as a force of nature. which is what i think they were going for but that kind of takes away the appeal.

he's supposed to be like karloff's frankenstein (though the mechanical analogy is more like jekyll and hide). essentially a victim. not evil. but doomed to be hunted and hated. and then add the superhero take that allows him to, against all odds, transcend and serve... but like the seven samurai, still an outsider.

the movie misses this SPIRIT though it tries to hit those beats.

oh well... kinda close... can hope that if another one comes, they can get it a little better still.

jin

p.s. don't stay till after credits. in a complete waste of an opportunity, they put the big cameo BEFORE the credits... wtf...?!

but yeah, there's nothing after the credits....

cresshead
06-14-2008, 03:03 AM
Nope, she's definitely no Jennifer Connelly.

Not sure about this one... though I like Edward Norton a lot. Tim Roth is always a blast as well. Been a while since I last saw him.

I actually liked the first Hulk movie. It was somehow different than other soopa-hero flicks.

Eric Bana rocks!

actually, Tim Roth was in the worst film in recent years>> planet of the apes, which i find 'unwatchabe' especially his totally rubbish character he played in it...let's hope he doesn't do a similar job in this film:thumbsdow

cresshead
06-14-2008, 03:08 AM
Q. does this film "follow on" from the last hulk film or is it a "re telling" of the same story?

AbnRanger
06-14-2008, 08:07 AM
The story seems like it could be pretty good - very different than the last Hulk. From what we can see in this trailer I don't think the Hulk looks very real. Has a very CG look to me, although I think the Abomination does looks pretty good. Truth is, for me, if the story is good and makes sense, I don't care if some of the CG isn't the best in the world. The Hulk does look cool, either way!

Here are three screen grabs to view, if you don't want to watch the trailer:
http://tinyurl.com/35zfewI grow weary of people saying a character with the obvious comic book dimensions (green skin, with veins popping out all over) looks CG. Of freakin course it looks CG!
How in the hell do you suggest they make it look real, when the character IS SUPPOSED TO LOOK LIKE THE COMIC BOOK CHARACTER?!!! The stinking Hulk TV series used Lou Ferrigno and he didn't look REAL either. If any of you can do a better job at making him look real, why don't you contact Marvel Studios and show them an example of how IT SHOULD BE DONE! Here's your big chance to show them where they are missing it.
It's funny, if the director thought it was important for him to look "REAL" don't you think he'd left no stone unturned. Surely somebody in Hollwood can come up with a REAL looking Hulk! They miss it, but you wouldn't, right? Classic case of Monday Morning Quarterbacks!

I thought it was some fine work, and the story was about as good as could be expected. The crowd really got into it at the theater...even clapping at the end. I usually don't see that (sort of crowd involvement) in movies, no matter how much action or drama there is. So, give the guys who made it some credit. In my book, they well deserve it.

emilc
06-14-2008, 09:18 AM
I grow weary of people saying a character with the obvious comic book dimensions (green skin, with veins popping out all over) looks CG. Of freakin course it looks CG!
How in the hell do you suggest they make it look real, when the character IS SUPPOSED TO LOOK LIKE THE COMIC BOOK CHARACTER?!!!

Think about what you wrote there for a moment, are you actually saying that the Hulk is supposed to look like a 2d comic book character running around i the real world? Didn't think so.

Since all humans in the movie look real, the hulk needs to look "real" to fit into the context. In the comics the humans are drawn as well you know. Having said that I must say I think they did a decent job getting the character believable. Not saying he's realistic or anything, just saying he is real enough for the purpose of the film. (This last comment really isn't aimed AbnRanger, I think this actually was his point).

Not like spiderman where it felt like a movie for the five year olds as soon as he went "cg".

I think The Incredible Hulk was great.

Matt
06-14-2008, 09:19 AM
I agree very CG looking Hulk.

AbnRanger
06-14-2008, 10:10 AM
Think about what you wrote there for a moment, are you actually saying that the Hulk is supposed to look like a 2d comic book character running around i the real world? Didn't think so.
If his comic book character had more human-like characteristics (normal skin tone/color and believable muscle proportions), I doubt they would have had as much difficulty (Beowulf proves that...his comrade looked very REAL in many shots).
But the human brain knows that's not a believable skin tone, and those physical proportions are way beyond believable...so I just don't see how they can meet people's expectations of it NOT looking CG.
I mean...imagine modeling an F15 to the finest detail, and having great textures and lighting...yet leave out motion blur and/or DOF during a flight sequence and your brain will notice something doesn't look quite right (even if your aren't a CG artist)...thus suspecting it was CG.
It appears to me that they damn well tried as hard as they could, yet keeping him as true to the comic book appearance as possible. As far as believability is concerned, they had their hands somewhat tied due to the fact that you just can't trick the brain into believing the work looks real, no matter what steps they take to attempt towards pulling it off. Simply add green color to the skin tone of any of the characters in Beowulf and they'd look extremely CG too!
Extremely tough task for even the best CG artists.

AbnRanger
06-14-2008, 10:10 AM
I agree very CG looking Hulk.So then, Matt...what would you suggest they do to remedy that problem?

Oedo 808
06-14-2008, 12:48 PM
I think they should change the storyline so that Dr. Banner was holding a toy soldier at a critical point in the storyline and that his DNA somehow gets fused with the plastic so that when he becomes The Hulk he is actually made out of plastic.

The perfect solution me thinks.

jin choung
06-14-2008, 01:19 PM
check out the "iron man adventures" video for a good looking hulk.

also, the lv tyler contact interactions with the cg hulk are some of the worst i've seen in recent memory. golden compass and prince caspian both had much more complex interactions that looked entirely real... but then again, those were higher budget.

jin

emilc
06-14-2008, 01:29 PM
But Beowolf isn't even close to being as "real" as the hulk. The only thing it got going for is the fact that they depict normal humans and that it's not any non cg-characters to compare against. The fact that the hulk is green is a dead giveaway, the proportions is a dead giveaway, the fact that it's on screen with real humans is a dead giveaway, but it is believable and more so I would say than beowulf. The Hulk got more expression in it's face than any character in beowulf.

The cave troll in the Lord of the rings would be a much closer comparision and how good did that interact with the world? Where the hulk was pretty much flawless with the interactions, the troll was, well less then perfect. Heck even the hobbits didn't work when there was humans around (or horses), and they're like real actors.

emilc
06-14-2008, 01:32 PM

also, the lv tyler contact interactions with the cg hulk are some of the worst i've seen in recent memory. golden compass and prince caspian both had much more complex interactions that looked entirely real... but then again, those were higher budget.

jin

I actually sort of agree here, so no it wasn't flawless. It worked good enough though.

And I seen plenty thats been much worse in much bigger movies.

AbnRanger
06-14-2008, 05:00 PM

jinJin, for a full CG flick I'd agree with you. But you can see how much more detail the character has in the movie. Plus, it's obvious that this version of the hulk has more of the alpha male/GQ model all swollen look...and more ripped (like all bodybuilders who go on a crash diet before a show :D...Hulk hungry, may eat puny human), so it's obvious they were trying to strike a balance there somehow. Maybe they wanted him to look less hideous to attract more female viewers? Who knows?

jin choung
06-14-2008, 11:30 PM
actually, i'm saying that the movie version is more grotesque.

and i know that they probably need to make hulk less "cartoony" for a cg character in a movie and you're right, the movie version is MUCH more detailed... certainly no argument... no comparison. but still, a bit more attention should've been spent in making the character more appealing... more designed....

as it is, it's dead stuck in the valley of the uncanny and that's not a great place to be. but also, as i said, hulk is a TOUGH character to get right. it does present a tremendous problem in how much to keep "realistic" and how much to stylize....

fwiw though, i MUCH prefer the green color in the cg cartoon. realism is one thing but that shade in the movie is just bleuuugh....

jin

cresshead
06-15-2008, 03:03 AM
design process of the hulk>>

http://www.xsibase.com/articles.php?detail=147

part 1

part 2
http://www.xsibase.com/articles.php?detail=146

achrystie
06-15-2008, 12:12 PM
I just saw the movie with my daughter and some friends of mine. We all "loved" the movie and I think pretty much everyone in the theater agreed. This version was leaps and bounds better than the first one, and I'm not as much a "hater" of the first one as others I've spoken to.

I thought the CG on the Hulk looked about as good as you can get. I was a bit weary after watching the trailer(s) online, but having seen it on the big screen, I think they pulled it off well. I actually think (and I thought this in the trailer too), that it wasn't the Hulk CG that was an issue, but the design of the abomination. I think they could have pulled some more "from" the comic Abomination and done a better job. Not that I didn't like the character, I just have issue with the whole "pelvis sticking out" thing. Something about that protruding pelvis that makes the character look weaker rather than stronger and maybe a bit overly grotesque. I also thought the abomination's face was too plain looking. I mean if I saw this abomination design completely out of the context of the character, I'd probably think it was extremely well done, but not so much in the context of the character it's supposed to be.

Overall, I thought the movie was impressive. They did a good job of building tension and I didn't think the acting/writing was nearly as bad as some have said. I definitely got into some of the emotion between Betty and Bruce, far more than the first movie to be sure.

I agree with Abnranger, I'm not sure what people expect to see for the design of the Hulk character. To be able to achieve realism, and yet make the character recognizable and somewhat true to source by pushing the proportion limits and the colorization, seems like an impossible task to me. So I just view it as...."the design was good and not distracting".

RTSchramm
06-15-2008, 10:58 PM
I thought the hulk look too CGI in this latest flick. The 2003 version I think was better animated and more realistic to me. I also liked in the 2003 version has as the more pissed off the Hulk got, the bigger he got.

I give the new hulk movie better marks for sustained action though, and action is what the Hulk is ALL about. Total destruction and mayhem.

Rich

Matt
06-16-2008, 01:18 AM
Interesting movie review here:

http://film.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/Critic_Review/Guardian_review/0,,2285042,00.html

AbnRanger
06-16-2008, 04:42 AM
Critic not pleased...Critic never pleased. Critic live to criticize...even gazing at bad man's crotch...find fault with bad man's winky! :screwy: Critic hate life. :thumbsdow :thumbsdow
Critic gets 2 thumbs down.:devil:

CMT
06-16-2008, 09:18 AM
Hulk is the kind of character which many people have their own opinions about how he should look. Actually you could say that for most mutant type heroes/villains. Ang Lee had his own vision, which looked very real, but too soft and not rugged enough. The Iron man adventures version looked good, but not unique. They could have pushed him a bit further. This new movie version was pretty sweet I thought. I'm glad they didn't make him such a bright green and gave an edginess to him.

Acting was decent for the most part. Love Ed Nortan and Tim Roth. Fav Tim Roth film was Rob Roy. Liv overdid it a bit.

Script was just OK, but the action was so good, I felt the power/frustration of Hulk through the great animation it had. Aaron Sims did a great job designing this guy. I'll be buying this one on DVD.

Larry_g1s
06-16-2008, 09:24 AM
Very cool movie. The action & fight scenes were amazing. The story anything extraordinary, but still very entertaining. Overall, very fun movie, I loved it. I agree with you CMT, I'll be buying this one on DVD.

cresshead
06-16-2008, 10:58 AM
But Beowolf isn't even close to being as "real" as the hulk. The only thing it got going for is the fact that they depict normal humans and that it's not any non cg-characters to compare against. The fact that the hulk is green is a dead giveaway, the proportions is a dead giveaway, the fact that it's on screen with real humans is a dead giveaway, but it is believable and more so I would say than beowulf. The Hulk got more expression in it's face than any character in beowulf.

The cave troll in the Lord of the rings would be a much closer comparision and how good did that interact with the world? Where the hulk was pretty much flawless with the interactions, the troll was, well less then perfect. Heck even the hobbits didn't work when there was humans around (or horses), and they're like real actors.

i'd disagree on beowulf...not the main character ..he has his moments on nr photoreal but his best mate...the chap with the beard...now he WAS photoreal and not just in stills but in his animation...no idea who did him but he's the best animated cg human i've seen ever...totally believable in nr all his shots/scenes.

bobakabob
06-16-2008, 03:00 PM
Whatever happened to the surreal magic of the original Marie Severin and Herb Trimpe Hulk of the 60s?

All I see in the trailers is a CG blob of slime on steroids with not a hint of pathos. Worse, the film directors seem incapable of capturing the downright disturbing Jeckyll and Hyde strangeness of the concept.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/marveldatabase/images/thumb/1/13/Hulk_121.jpg/300px-Hulk_121.jpg

http://www.coollinesartwork.com/Images/Category_2/subcat_29957/Thumbs/SEVTTA92pg.jpg

bobakabob
06-16-2008, 03:11 PM
Ooops, meant to add this link to some classic Severin artwork

http://www.coollinesartwork.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=189615&ArtistId=591&Details=1&From=Room

starbase1
06-16-2008, 04:34 PM
The stinking Hulk TV series used Lou Ferrigno and he didn't look REAL either.

Boy is that on the money... I remember being VERY impressed with the TV series Hulk makeup, until I saw LF without the makeup! Good grief, all they did was spray him green!

The clips and trailers the Hulk looked wrong because his mass seemed wrong - it's a common fault with very strong characters in comics -. For example, picking up (say) a truck from the front is not possible with any strength unless the lifter is considerably heavier, or the truck stays put and the characters feet lift off the ground... Leverage is completely wrong.

See roadrunner cartoons for how to get it right!
:D

starbase1
06-16-2008, 04:38 PM
Just a thought, but consider a comparison with Jacksons King Kong - I did not like the film at all (Jack Black in Bill Shatner maximum ham Mode, motion sickness levels of camera movement), but Kong had a great sense of mass and strength, broadly what I would hope for with Hulk...

oobievision
06-16-2008, 05:38 PM
I agree very CG looking Hulk.

still much better than the first one. though I think it was kinda messed up that they took the concept of the grey hulk and made it another person instead of splitting the hulk and bruce banner.

metahumanity
06-16-2008, 08:28 PM
Looked good to me, except for a few compositing glitches (Hulk walking through the waterpools after the heli crash).

I liked this one just as much as Iron Man, if not more. The Ang Lee version is special, so I wonīt compare it. I liked it in a pulpy artsy way.

Now this one is much more action oriented, and man, the final fight is brutal. I mean, really brutal. I think I even saw Abomination rip up people when he was a bit out of Focus and in the background. Did I see that right?

The contact fx betwen the creatures, and Hulk and his babe, looked perfect to me, better than some of the Gollum stuff.

Hehe, during the whole final battle I was grinning. And Iīm not a Hulk fan, not at all.

But it was fun, real fun.

Emil Blonsky is an idiot, obviously, as is General Ross. Donīt look for believable motivation or logic in them. Actually, the whole story is quite moronic, as if every scene just exists to lead into the next one. Hehe, it must be frustrating for a director to have an actor like William Hurt and not one scene with the man having a decent dialogue.

And whatīs up with the babe?
"I hate you, daddy, you are soo soo bad". I mean, come on, give the dude some credit, he doesnīt want his daughter to date a mutant Godzillaman.
LMAO.

But hey, itīs superhero action movie with Edward Norton and LOOOTS of ZBrush.

Go see it for.......

HULK SMAH!!! AGGGGH!!!! or "Hmmm, that veintexture even pulses, cool!"

Hehehe..

On those two fronts it delivers!

PS: extra kudos to the sound fx guys. Excellent BumpadipummmpamPaff!
PPS: No kudos for the guy who comped the helicopter into the night sky. No ice cream for you tonight!

theo
06-19-2008, 11:04 AM
Hulk is certainly worth the price of admission.

spoiler-warning:
The ferocious and frantically demonic creature that Hulk chain-chokes into a rather convenient and twitchy submission at the end appears contrived and hokey. I don't see a creature of this stature succumbing too this beaten condition quite so readily and final.

Too many shots of choppers over cities.

Liv's upper lip looks fauxed and the military readiness of mad-chase teams in Superhero flicks is starting to wear thin with me.

BUT, the flick, in my view, is just pure superduper funnilicious chew-meat.

JeffrySG
06-19-2008, 12:32 PM
Just saw it yesterday... I really enjoyed it as well. I liked Iron Man a little more but really liked them both.

It's not really a spoiler, but.....

---
You can definitely see how they are gearing up towards the AVENGERS movie. And I think they are doing a good job with it. And I liked the hint towards the Leader showing up.Good stuff here.
---

Supposedly there will be close to 70min of extra scenes on the DVD, they had to cut out in the movie. Like the snow scene in the trailer. And he meets up with a special person too....

AbnRanger
06-20-2008, 05:00 AM
Hulk is certainly worth the price of admission.

spoiler-warning:
The ferocious and frantically demonic creature that Hulk chain-chokes into a rather convenient and twitchy submission at the end appears contrived and hokey. I don't see a creature of this stature succumbing too this beaten condition quite so readily and final.

Too many shots of choppers over cities.

Liv's upper lip looks fauxed and the military readiness of mad-chase teams in Superhero flicks is starting to wear thin with me.

BUT, the flick, in my view, is just pure superduper funnilicious chew-meat.Kind of wondered about that myself, but I just assumed that the choking bit rendered him incapacitated and too weak to fight, or unconscious maybe...and not so much a "tap out" submission. That would be a bit contrived.
I wish they would put the strangle hold on Stan Lee's cameo appearances...I'm REALLY getting sick of seeing his face in every stinking movie. How pompous can you get? "Ooh, Ooh, make sure to put me in...make sure I'm in there somewhere. Forget you, Stan...I'm not paying good money to see your ugly mug...just your work. Get it? Guess not...

Chris S. (Fez)
06-20-2008, 06:58 AM
Go see it for.......

HULK SMAH!!! AGGGGH!!!! or "Hmmm, that veintexture even pulses, cool!"

Ha. Agreed. Amusing review.

I remember Abomination tossing people but tearing people? Grody.

theo
06-20-2008, 07:16 AM
Kind of wondered about that myself, but I just assumed that the choking bit rendered him incapacitated and too weak to fight, or unconscious maybe...and not so much a "tap out" submission. That would be a bit contrived.

I understand your point here, Abn, but if I were directing that portion of the script I would have been much more comfortable with Hulk being far more abused during the process of strangling a creature several times stronger and far more aggressive than he.

In a 'real' setting my thinking about the physics of this would lead me to believe that a weaker man could definitely strangle a far stronger man- but not without significant difficulty.

I am seeing the stronger (and far more 'evil') individual pretty much wreaking major havoc on his choker by thrashing about with an animalistic and intense ferocity: smashing his head and limbs violently against the strangler, clawing and ripping flesh, swinging the weaker man's body around violently, slamming him against the ground or other surfaces, which would substantially injure and exhaust the choker.

After all, Hulk is fighting a creature capable of snatching a heat-seeking missile from the air and tossing wither soever.

At the end of the struggle, Hulk would have been absolutely exhausted to where he would have collapsed, even momentarily, in a ripped up mess onto the twitching body of his assailant.

This was definitely a Stan Lee choke hold, in my view.

All four of the non-CG guys I watched the film with found the ending somewhat nonplussed-generating, as did I.

The film was enjoyable in spite of this, which is a good thing.

JeffrySG
06-20-2008, 10:01 AM
I wish they would put the strangle hold on Stan Lee's cameo appearances...I'm REALLY getting sick of seeing his face in every stinking movie. How pompous can you get? "Ooh, Ooh, make sure to put me in...make sure I'm in there somewhere. Forget you, Stan...I'm not paying good money to see your ugly mug...just your work. Get it? Guess not...

:agree:

Agreed... I don't mind seeing him in a crowd, but these bigger scenes with him are just too distracting from the story.