PDA

View Full Version : SpeedEDIT Should Be Listed in The WedVidPro.com Forum!

CreatvGnius
03-12-2008, 06:29 PM
Anybody care to give SpeedEDIT some props in the WedVidPro.com forum?
While Vegas is listed in this poll --SpeedEDIT, sadly, would have to go under "OTHER", I suppose...

http://www.wedvidpro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148

PeterG

ted
03-12-2008, 08:57 PM
I've been trying to get SpeedEDIT exposed to this community as well. Every other editor has its own thread, but not SpeedEDIT.
http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/

I guess we'll just have to get the word out ourselves!

The majority of the dvxusers are MAC users, but I keep seeing posts from people asking for PC options. Of the PC crowd, most are EDIUS, then Vegas then Premier users.
There are a lot of HVX 200 users and I'm surprised by how many don't know that SE natively supports the DVCPro files of all flavors.

Whenever I see a reason, I drop the name SpeedEDIT and don't abbreviate it to SE.
I wish somebody from NewTek would prod them into giving SE a listing. Barry, the most knowledgeable and respected guy on the forum, got a copy and liked it in many ways above the competition. So at least it gets some exposure from him as well.
Anyone who sues the HVX should visit.

ScorpioProd
03-12-2008, 10:04 PM
Well, if SpeedEDIT==Other, it's beating Avid! :D

CreatvGnius
03-13-2008, 12:01 PM
I too, could wish some influential party at NewTek could successfully get a SpeedEDIT™ forum going there at dvxuser.com.

So for how much have you sued HVX for, Ted? :D
-PeterG

I've been trying to get SpeedEDIT exposed to this community as well. Every other editor has its own thread, but not SpeedEDIT.
http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/

I guess we'll just have to get the word out ourselves!...Anyone who sues the HVX should visit.

CreatvGnius
03-13-2008, 12:02 PM
Well, if SpeedEDIT = Other, it's beating Avid! :D
Oh? What a difference a day makes!
-PeterG

ted
03-13-2008, 04:33 PM
I should proof read better! FWIW, I am likely orderinging another HVX 200 on Monday that I'll be using with my TriCaster productions. Not sueing it. :D

Brian Peterson
03-13-2008, 06:53 PM
Peter, when did you go into wedding videos I thought you were corporate? WedVidPro is split down the middle between Mac heads and Vegas zombies. I've promoted it there a few times but they aren't too receptive. I've got a review of 1.5.1 coming out in the new WEVA mag so some conversation may start up again but don't hold your breath.

ScorpioProd
03-13-2008, 09:29 PM
Huh, so that explains why I loved the pilot for "Babylon Fields"...

It's subtle humor, but I bet Peter will google it! :hey:

Brian Peterson
03-13-2008, 10:31 PM
Huh, so that explains why I loved the pilot for "Babylon Fields"...

It's subtle humor, but I bet Peter will google it! :hey:

way too subtle, Eugene. The Dead Heat of the pilot season??? We already have one dead guy walking around this season's Torchwood, thank god this one died. :hey:

CreatvGnius
03-15-2008, 10:25 AM
Peter, when did you go into wedding videos?I didn't. Just like to start up a thread to get folk yappin' about SpeedEDIT's place in the market. :D

Looking forward to getting to read your article, Brian. :thumbsup:
-PeterG

Jim_C
03-15-2008, 11:50 AM
This is sad honesty but in a few video boards I lurk in (mostly pro-sumer to small business) it's hard to push SE too hard because 95% of those cats want 2 things.
Nice looking slo mo, and silly filter after filter after filter.

Even if you can accomplish what the filter does with the control tree, or Bob's work, they don't want to hear that.

Those 2 things are big hurdles for small shops to get over with limited budget.

CreatvGnius
03-15-2008, 01:23 PM
...it's hard to push SE too hard because 95% of those cats want 2 things:
1. Nice looking slo mo, and
2. silly "filter after filter after filter".

Even if you can accomplish what the filter does with the control tree, or Bob's work, they don't want to hear that...

So true, Jim, so true!
-PeterG

Brian Peterson
03-15-2008, 02:23 PM
Those 2 things are big hurdles for small shops to get over with limited budget.

I'd rephrase that: Those are the two most wrongly and over utilized things that wedding videographers need to forget about. Really everything a good WV needs is in SpeedEDIT.

Jim_C
03-15-2008, 03:14 PM
I'd rephrase that: Those are the two most wrongly and over utilized things that wedding videographers need to forget about. Really everything a good WV needs is in SpeedEDIT.

Hey... don't have to sing to this choir... :)

but if you are a small shop with budget for one editor, which do you choose, one that has the ability or one that doesn't. Even if you never use it. (or never should)

ScorpioProd
03-15-2008, 03:56 PM
Yeah, good luck convincing wedding editors of that. I'm still not clear how Newtek currently markets SE to wedding editors without those features.

I agree they are overused effects, but they DO have their purpose, and they are needed. One could just as easily say why does SpeedEDIT bother to have all those DVEs? They shouldn't be used, either.

Seems to me the onus is on Newtek, not the money earning Wedding Videographers needing to bend to the will of an OEM, versus the other way around. If brides didn't like the effects, they wouldn't be buying videos with them. I can't find one wedding demo in my area that doesn't show a lot of these effects. And frankly, I'd be very surprised to see a video at WEVA without them.