PDA

View Full Version : Be a guest of NewTek at NAB 2008

Paul Lara
03-11-2008, 02:08 PM
If you have plans to attend NAB 2008 April 14-17, you can get free admission to the trade show floor courtesy of NewTek:

Register for your exhibits-only pass here (http://registration.expoexchange.com/ShowNAB081/defaultfull.aspx).
Your "special code" is AE2055

If you register before March 14, they will mail your creditials to you, eliminating the need to get in a looooong line at the Convention Center.

See you Booth SL8614.

rally1
04-02-2008, 12:01 PM
As an NAB neophyte, what are the benefits of the "Paid Exhibition". And what are the tricks to getting the most out of NAB?

Paul Lara
04-08-2008, 11:18 AM
The exhibition hall (three halls, actually) require a badge to enter. Most people don't pay, relying instead on complimentary passes from favored vendors. I think without a pass code, the cost is a couple hundred bucks.

The trick to getting the most out of NAB would be to have a clear game-plan before entering. You WILL be overwhelmed at the sheer size and variety of exhibits. Figure out beforehand what you want to see, what questions you want to ask, and make that your priority.

jcupp
04-08-2008, 11:44 AM
As an NAB neophyte, what are the benefits of the "Paid Exhibition". And what are the tricks to getting the most out of NAB?

Wear really comfortable shoes! Monday morning is crazy, no room to move in the (6 acre) Sony booth. By the last day exhibitors are punch-drunk. If you take a cab to the convention center expect to wait in a very long line for the trip back, the monorail is your friend. If you are taking the bus try to make your way to one of the first hotels on the route. Don't pick up brochures that you don't really want. They gets heavier by the minute. Everything on the strip is a lot further away than it looks. The Winn Sunday Champaign Bunch is to die for. Don't try to out drink an Australian. Gambling is a bad bet.

ted
04-08-2008, 12:13 PM
Gambling is a bad bet.

I'll second everything jcupp said, except gambling can be your friend if luck is on your side. Ya just gotta know that you can't change bed luck by throwing more money at it.
See ya'll at the craps table! :thumbsup:

SBowie
04-08-2008, 12:16 PM
I really hope you mean "bad" luck, Ted. Typo, or Freudian slip?:neener:

rally1
04-08-2008, 01:19 PM
All good info, thanks.

Luckily I am too frugal to gamble. But that same frugal nature demands that I eat my weight in crab legs when at an all you can eat buffet.....

"Bed luck", well what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas (unless Newtek streams it live).

ted
04-08-2008, 10:23 PM
"Bed Luck" Ha! You guys got me on that. As stated, what happens in Vegas... :agree:

THREEL
04-08-2008, 10:32 PM
well what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas

That is soooooo not true!

ted
04-09-2008, 08:11 AM
True, you can bring things back with you that you don't want.
I'm taking my wife again so as always, I'll be good and will get lucky. :hey:

THREEL
04-09-2008, 08:48 PM
True, you can bring things back with you that you don't want.
I'm taking my wife again so as always, I'll be good and will get lucky. :hey:

That's about the only good luck you're going to find in Vegas. You can actually loose your shirt without loosing your shirt. ;)

BTW--Are there any tradeshows like this up in my neck of the woods?

--Ohio

CreatvGnius
04-10-2008, 08:56 PM
True, you can bring things back with you that you don't want...

(Hmmmp! He must've been referring to some dreaded diseases...)
:D
-PeterG

ted
04-10-2008, 10:02 PM
Bed bugs of course. :D

I've got a lot of stuff to check out. Seems like every client wants me to spend more money. :help:

CreatvGnius
04-10-2008, 10:15 PM
True, you can bring things back with you that you don't want...
(Hmmmp! He must've been referring to some dreaded diseases...)

Bed bugs of course. :D
Well, those too! :devil:
-PeterG

rally1
04-11-2008, 01:49 PM
Those that are going, I look forward to meeting you all on Sunday night. Will anyone else be checking out the New Media 2.0 production series of lectures?