PDA

View Full Version : particles and dynamics questions

Yarim
03-11-2008, 12:50 PM
Hi, I have LW 9.3.1 and i was making an exercise in witch I had two rotating cubes bouncing particles like some sort of stares toward a ramp that faces down. I was just testing the way particles behave and how to cotrol them.

It was a little frustrating to see some particles traspacing the surfaces whyle some other worked properly. Why does this happend? It happends to me with cloth effects when i try to colide an object with it.

Each time I hit the calculate button the particles behaved differently without changing any parameter at all. Why???

Some times in the ramp when it reaches up to some point they started to wiggle around like crazy.

At some other time when they reached the ramp the calculation froze for a long time forcing me to interrupt the calculation.

I didnt mess with the dynamics parametters much, just with gravity, so its very weird for me and a pain to tame those particles. Any help?

Yarim
03-11-2008, 07:00 PM
This is a quickshade of anothere scene with the same problem. Why is the ball reacting so jumpy??? I have 0 on rough and other settings that might cause this on collisions! HELP ME!
Heres the link!
www.labratsmultimedia.com/demo1low.mov