PDA

View Full Version : Looking for character modeler/animators

hard8
03-11-2008, 12:54 AM
I am looking for a character modeler/animator for a PAYING job.
I am simply too busy to take this one on but I can't turn down the job.

The project is in the bidding process right now so I need to get numbers back ASAP. The nice thing is I have been contacted by 3 advertising agencies who are all bidding the same RFP so I am about 90% sure of landing it if the numbers are right.

What the client is looking for is a bid on four six second animations of the character below. The animation will be incorporated with live footage, but needs to be "toon" shaded.

I am looking for individuals who can take the ball and run with this, follow art direction and nail deadlines.

Serious only. PM me with bids and contact info.

Thanks

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a179/8thehardway/Wattson_W_color.jpg

hard8
03-11-2008, 11:45 PM
well... I've had 7 PMs on this and so far no one has responded with bids or contact. Two promised to contact me me this eve and have not done so.
I understand some of you might be busy, but please don't tell me you'll contact at a certain time (especially when I have disclosed my personal number) and fail to do so. That doesn't showcase professionalism.

Once again, if you're not serious please refrain. I have a budget and I need to submit numbers by thursday the 13th. If you can do this job, contact me and give me your requirements for compensation. Do not contact me if you are fishing. I have responded to every PM so far and I find it disheartening that so many of us are so talented yet so flakey in follow-through.

Do you want to make money at this, or is this just a hobby?

Otherwise I have to turn this over to a shop with reputation.

animotion
03-12-2008, 12:39 AM
Can you give a completion time frame, and also will it need to be tracked with the live footage or is it a lock down?

Auger
03-12-2008, 07:46 AM
Can you give a completion time frame, and also will it need to be tracked with the live footage or is it a lock down?

Also, can you tell us some of the specifics of the animation that would need to be done? Such as lipsynch, walking, running, cape flapping in the wind, etc.?

Thanks,

Jon

Kuzey
03-12-2008, 07:50 AM
Do you have an example of a completed character, just to get a feel for the fınal style your after. I could go for the modellıng part but I don't thınk I have the tıme for the anımatıon part.

Best of luck,

Kuzey

hard8
03-12-2008, 08:56 AM
The character needs to look as close to the drawing as possible. There is no lipsyncing to speak of. The dog will pretty much bark and pant and lick things.

Yes... the cape needs to be dynamic. I would assume there would be some walking and running but I can't say for sure. This is still in the bidding phase. This is why we submit estimates and not hard hard numbers.

I can tell you this much... most of the samples I have seen from the LW community are above and beyond what this job needs to be.

Also... As much as I love all the work I have seen, I should have been clear about having US artists apply. Working on an overseas phone at different time zones will not work for this so I'm afraid I can't hire out of the US.

One other thing...

If you are interested in the job, you will eventually have to talk to me on the phone. This can't be done via the NewTek PM system or email, or IM. I need to know you are a real person and are truly interested in the job, just as I would assume you would want to know I am a real person and going to pay you for your time. If you want my info, PM me for it, but please make the call. If you want more info on the job, just call me. So far I have not heard from a real person.

rsscott
03-12-2008, 09:37 AM
Hello - My name is Robert Scott. I am president of Juris Corporation - a 25 year old presentation design firm specializing in 3D presentations for legal trials. I have recently upgraded our 3D group with the addition of 2 experienced Lightwave modelers / animators and wish to expand our service offerings to include promotional work, commercial content, etc. We have the ability to create top caliber 3D work, based on your input at a reasonable fee structure. We are deadline oriented (after all, we work for attorneys).
Our normal rate structure for legal animations works out to be about $1000/second (we actually charge by the hour). Because I am interested in exploring new markets for our work, I will bid this job at 1/2 price... four six second animations would run $12,000. maybe less when I see the storyboard.

Please contact me at (800) 329-0405 or email: [email protected]
Examples available upon request.

hard8
03-12-2008, 09:54 AM
Please PM your bids.

alexbrasil
03-12-2008, 05:26 PM
I sent you a private message about the price and details.
Please take a look. Thanks.

Auger
03-13-2008, 07:37 AM
I sent you a PM yesterday and have not had a response...

Wanna make sure you got it...

hard8
03-13-2008, 09:29 AM
Thanks to everyone that responded. The job has been awarded.