PDA

View Full Version : Ability to push to live.yahoo.com

donald.williams
03-11-2008, 01:39 AM
So has anyone else seen the new free live video service offered by google?

I signed up for an account - and now I have a free live video on my web page....

I can stream, DV video, Webcam Video, Etc...

Its a flash enabled app on their website - -

I want to push my tricaster pro stream to this site - -

Anybody else thinking what I am thinking? Free Live Video Streaming - -

You can see my "channel" at live.yahoo.com/rhstv

Anyone have suggestions on how I could push my video from the tricaster to yahoo?

donald.williams
03-11-2008, 03:24 AM
Another free live site is

justin.tv

My channel is justin.tv/rhstv

Same thing - I want to be able to push stream to my channel from the tricaster...

Suggestions?

andrew.lipson
03-11-2008, 02:58 PM
There are a lot of free streaming sites and some are better than others. If you have a TriCaster, you can really do some great things and show them on:
UStream.tv
Blogtv.com
Operator11.com
Mogulus.com
and others
What would be great is a Firewire out and the ability to install Flash Encoder so you can send out a flash stream.

CreatvGnius
03-12-2008, 05:29 PM
What would be great is a Firewire out and the ability to install Flash Encoder so you can send out a flash stream.
Agreed. :dito: -- with Adobe's new H.264 implementation taken into consideration of the TriCaster™ feature upgrade as well...
-PeterG

donald.williams
03-13-2008, 04:11 PM
So the best thing I have found so far is to use mogulus.com - -

Great provider - - They are going to have a pro version also - -

The nice thing is you can go straight to them with Adobe Flash Encoder - so heres the setup

Tricaster Pro - Composite Out to Pyro A/V box - which converts signal to digital - DV Cable into laptop running Adobe Flash Encoder - - Adobe Flash Encoder feeding the Mogulus server -

Looks like a TV Feed on the website - -

We will be doing a live test tomorrow morning 0800 Central European Time at an event that will be taking place - if you get a chance tune in and let me know what you think!

Suggesions?

gameguyag
03-31-2008, 07:11 PM
Why oh why can't the tricaster video capture be detected by the flash media encoder on the same box?? This is a real simple thing IMO, but if someone can explain why it doesn't work I'll be less upset :)

The way you describe is how we do it. It's just a pain in the *** to have another computer simply to handle the streaming