PDA

View Full Version : Volumetrics in Light Wave

FXKing
03-09-2008, 06:19 AM
How do I find Volumetrics to create HyperVoxels and also the zoom tool in 9.3.1 ?

Thanks

stib
03-09-2008, 06:36 AM
hypervoxels: ctrl+f6 or more windows>volumetrics and fog options>
under add volumetric choose hypervoxels

zoom: ctrl+alt+click and drag with your mouse. Or type the letter a to fit all or shift+a to fit selected. For some reason this doesn't work in the perspective view in Layout, but it does in the perspective view in Modeller (just one of those inconsistent, half-baked UI things that makes LW such a joy to use).

creacon
03-09-2008, 06:41 AM
in the manual? :D

How do I find Volumetrics to create HyperVoxels and also the zoom tool in 9.3.1 ?

Thanks

FXKing
03-09-2008, 06:44 AM
I would...if I had one

hrgiger
03-09-2008, 06:47 AM
If you have Lightwave, you have a manual (printed if you chose that option or electronic by default). And if you don't by chance have one, you can log into registration from Customer Care above and download the docs. And if you're using a pirated version of Lightwave, then you're shite out of luck and I'm glad.

FXKing
03-09-2008, 06:58 AM
I do have the three printed books which came with my purchased lightwave. Modeler, Lay out and Surfacing and Rendering but I couldn't see it in there and as I'm new to CGI and light wave I thought I would ask.

UnCommonGrafx
03-09-2008, 08:20 AM
Find the pdf version in your registration area. Very valuable when you have questions. Also, as someone new to the program, it can't be stressed enough to have a read of all the material.

Also, the search function works well enough to get you on your way. Suggestions to all who would say they are new to the fold.

3DGFXStudios
03-09-2008, 08:48 AM
if you can download lightwave the pirate way you can download a manual as well i guess