PDA

View Full Version : Need 3d Animation Footage.....

agallant
07-16-2003, 10:44 AM
Hello,

I am putting together the finishing touches of a project in which I will be projecting 3d (and 2d) animations behind a band while they are playing live music. The band is really interested in the type of animations created with programs like lightwave. I currently use other music "visualizer" programs that react to the music that is being played. Unfortunately, the quality and depth of the images do not come close to the stuff that can be produced here.

My initial goal is to get some footage for my "tryout" and than hopefully if they like it, to use it on tour with the band. Please understand that I want this to happen more than anything else in my life, and would appreciate anyone's help, by either providing me with some 3d animation or directing me to where I can find some. THANKS SO MUCH

Avi
[email protected]

videobear
07-16-2003, 12:52 PM
Gosh, I don't think there are "stock footage" libraries of animation, although there are some specialty animation collections for making things like custom transitions and leadins for things like wedding and event videos.

Most "stock" material for animations is in the form of models, with the assumption that the buyer will animate them as desired.

There are a great many more or less abstract "background" type of animations available. Some are made with LightWave or other 3D programs, others with After Effects and other compositing software. One supplier of these is Digital Juice, http://www.digitaljuice.com

You might have a bit more luck if you could say what sort of backgrounds you're looking for. Spaceships firing lasers at each other? Underwater creatures? On-road or off-road vehicles? Landscapes with clouds floating by? A couple of 3D anime babes dancing to the music?

richpr
07-16-2003, 09:43 PM
You could look around at demo reels of artists and then if you see interesting snippets, ask them permission to use it for your purpose... I am still learning and mostly modeling, but if I would have made some animations I would donate some, if the band's music is OK ;)

uberslayer™
07-17-2003, 04:33 PM
If it's just fractual type animation, with simple geomtetric evolution. I would consider throwing something together for you. How much exposure would it get? I'm assuming you want it to be "trippy" visuals that usually accompany this type of thing. If you are looking for random stoke footage, I could give you some old stuff. I've got a gruesome gunfight scene you could have, if it's for a hardcore type band (lot's of exit wound slow mo' shots, with blood splatter:eek: ) Where you at BTW?

toby
07-17-2003, 04:47 PM
try "pocketmovies.net"

it's a gallery of demo reels by students and hobbyists - I'm pretty sure you can contact the artists

(mine is right here :)
http://www.pocketmovies.net/detail_264.html

uberslayer™
07-17-2003, 05:38 PM
Nice one toby:) I like it! But that site? I was the 15,000,000th vistor? again :rolleyes: Talk about cheesy ! No reflection on you though, very nice work.

toby
07-17-2003, 05:48 PM
thanks ube

15 milth visitor? cheesy? i don't get it

I also have a trippy voyage thru a motorcycle engine that I'll have to post if you want to see it -

uberslayer™
07-17-2003, 06:37 PM
When the site opened a pop up luanched to tell me I was the 15,000,000th visitor and that I should "click here to close the window" (yeah right) and contact them for my "winnings" lol.

Sure I'd love to see it but I think we're hijacking this thread so maybe you should post it in "finished" or WIP?

toby
07-17-2003, 06:47 PM
well, I was offering it as a trippy animation for agallant too -

I've never gotten that pop-up, I've got them blocked - that is cheesy - but they've been hosting my short for almost a year so I'm not going to complain :D

I'll be getting a host in a few days, I'll let you know - and they'll be hi-res

richpr
07-17-2003, 08:51 PM
@Agallant

Just out of curiosity (from a music nut), what type of music does the band play?

uberslayer™
07-21-2003, 09:32 PM
Maybe this guy just goes into various forums, starts messages, and sees how many fools waste their time trying to help him.............................................ju st a thought.:rolleyes:

meshmaster
07-22-2003, 12:28 PM
also, I've never messed with it, but I think that there's a way to get Lightwave to do stuff based on what is inside of a midi file... which could probably get you some interesting things going on as you are working with a band.