PDA

View Full Version : Pausing Motion Question

billuke
03-07-2008, 09:30 AM
I have a title sequence 350 frames long.The shot consists of the camera simply zooming in on the text,then out of the shot.My problem is,that I need the first 50 frames to be still,then the camera starts moving at frame 51 to end at 350. I created my first key at 0,then not moving the camera,another at 50,then the last at 350 for the movement.The problem is that between frame 0,and 50,the camera actually starts to back up!!! then does the movement I want. Is there a keyframe hold setting somewhere that I.m missing? I can't figure out how to keep the camera still for those 50 frames.HELP PLEASE.

donny
03-07-2008, 09:40 AM
Try changing the incoming curve in the Graph Editor for the first frame.

zardoz
03-07-2008, 09:41 AM
that's because of the curve type in the graph editor. Simply open the graph editor and if you keep the Incoming curve at TCB Spline, after selecting the keyframes at 50 and 350, insert 1 at the tension...this should fix the problem and at the same time adds some ease in and ease out to your animation.

if you don't need this, after selecting the keyframes change the incoming curve to linear.

billuke
03-07-2008, 09:45 AM
Thanks gentlemen,Im going to try this again.

Surrealist.
03-07-2008, 09:59 AM
There should be a FAQ on this board and this should be one of the top questions for Layout.

Zardroz gave the simplest explanations I have ever seen. :thumbsup:

Here's a thread (http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79077&highlight=tension) where I go into a little more detail if you are interested.

donny
03-07-2008, 10:57 AM
Here you go Surrealist at the very bottom.

http://www.newtek.com/faq/index.php?tree=true&category=63

billuke
03-07-2008, 12:50 PM
Ok, I went to the graph editor,and do I just select the motion keyframes (z/y),or all of the keys in that frame? I'm doing something wrong ,however I figured out,that if I don't set a keyframe at 0 and set the start keyframe at 50,It does what I want,It just starts in a little fast.If I can figure out how to apply easein/out it will work.

zardoz
03-07-2008, 05:44 PM
like I said before, in the graph editor choose the channels you want (in this case it should be the Position.Z, but you can choose more channels) drag with the right mouse button over the curves to select the keyframes (at 0, 50 and 350).
Then at incoming curve select TCB Spline (usually it's the default one). In the tension field type 1. This will add the ease in and the ease out that you want and at the same time it will straighten the curve between frames 0 and 50.
And yes, you can always delete frame 0, it will prevent the backing up from happening. But you will always have to set the tension for 1 at frame 50 to get the ease in and out at frame 350 (for TCB spline). you can also change the curve to bezier and play with the handles.

billuke
03-07-2008, 06:45 PM
Now I got it,and it is perfect.As I said in the past I appreciate you guy's here on the forum's,taking time to help out.Your picture post nailed it home.

Thanks again. Bill

Surrealist.
03-07-2008, 08:31 PM
Here you go Surrealist at the very bottom.

http://www.newtek.com/faq/index.php?tree=true&category=63

Ok now I feel stupid. I never payed any attention to that FAQ link.

Thanks.

donny
03-10-2008, 08:25 AM
I acutally added it the day you suggested it I thought it was good idea to put it in there.

Surrealist.
03-11-2008, 12:34 AM
Thanks donny. :)