PDA

View Full Version : VT[5] - Tool Shed

EWallick
03-06-2008, 04:50 PM
First let me say that I have completed two short photo montages in Speed Edit/VT[5] since getting my new box. I like it! I'm particularly happy about the improvements in CG Designer - Yeah! I'm sure there are more improvements coming but so far - so good.

With regard to the Tool Shed - I cannot figure out how to set something that I need on this next project that has many photos. I need to set the 3D Position splines all locked to "0" at the beginning of each photo. Track Clip is checked so that will go directly to the start.

How can I set the 3 splines to be locked so I don't have to click each button every time?

I have highlighted one clip where I have clicked each of the three buttons. I went into Tool Shed, picked Presets, User Splines, New Name and named it. What else do I do (assuming that much is correct)?

Ed:help:

Jim_C
03-06-2008, 05:13 PM
If I'm getting the question Ed, you could manually click the keyframe for each one in the control tree to set it at a 0 at the beginning OR the easy way is to go to the Positioning screen and click the rectangular KEYFRAME button.
Between the Arows.

What I believe about the toolshed:
Toolshed doesn't save presets with a 0 setting.

So you can't really use one to reset or save numbers back or at to zero. What I have been doing is entering the lowest value for the setting then save that preset.
Instead of 0, use .0001 or whatever is the smallest it will take. Doesn't get it back to zero but as close as toolshed will save and usually close enough.

EWallick
03-07-2008, 09:32 AM
Bingo!:thumbsup:

Thanks Jim, that does exactly what I wanted. I put in .1 on the first two and .001 on the 3rd one. Then highlighted a whole range of the following and when clicking on "Perform", they are all done!

Thanks again,
Ed:D