PDA

View Full Version : VT5 Loading Problem (SpeedEdit Startup Screen)

Chilchili
03-06-2008, 12:53 PM
I've been using VT5 for a while now on a Dual Xeon 2.4 system and XP Pro w/3GB ram. Everyting's been consistent for months - but today while working on a short project (10 minutes run time), after a reboot - making no changes, no updates, installing no new software or utilities - and I'm not even online with this system - I reload VT5 as usual and instead of just bringing up my previous project, it also (for the first time) brought up a "Welcome to SpeedEdit" screen allowing me to OPEN an existing project or CREATE NEW project. This would be fine but 1) this screen never came up before, and 2) the previous project I had open from the last session was already there. It doesn't lock up, it doesn't crash...it just won't let me do a thing. I can't exit this newly-annoying screen; I can't open/close/start a new project. The ONLY way to get back into VT5 is to end the VT5 Process, reload, click YES (after VT5 tells me the last session ended incorrectly) to reset everything then open all of my modules. If I then exit, I have to do this crap all over again. Anyone know why on earth this would happen? I've closed and opened VT1-5 thousands of times and have never encountered this startup problem. Again...I changed NOTHING (that I know of) to prompt this startup screen that is totally blocking me from getting to my work. HELP!

jcupp
03-06-2008, 02:35 PM
I've seen this before. On the start menu under NewTek | VT5 | Utilities you will find "Reset Configuration". Do that and it should solve your problem. Note that you will need to go back in and reset any preference changes you had made.

Chilchili
03-12-2008, 02:44 PM
Jeff...thanks for your help. Problem solved!

jcupp
03-13-2008, 10:37 AM
Glad to be able to help.