PDA

View Full Version : QuickSet Tool (for LiveSet creation)

SBowie
03-06-2008, 11:17 AM
As mentioned in several other recent threads, using NewTek's fascinating LiveSet technology and the "LiveSet Generator for Aura", I've prepared a tool called QuickSet for (relatively) painless and very fast creation and updating of inset and PiP shots.

Although the tool was originally conceived as one solution to the problem of showing a physical game-clock at sports event in a (LiveSet) inset, it has many other abilities and features.

Those with a VT[5] (which includes Aura) can readily take advantage of the convenience QuickSet offers. It requires very little if any knowledge of Aura. (If by chance you also have Mirage, you can use that instead of Aura if you prefer.)

*In breaking news, I have confirmed that the tool works just as well if you happen to have a correctly configured standalone copy of either Aura 2.5 or Mirage installed on a TriCaster Studio or ProFX model - with the disclaimer that (TriCaster being shipped as a closed system), any negative effects from adding to the original software installed on your TriCaster are your own responsiblity.

Insets like the one shown here can be generated quickly and easily (this one took about 15 seconds to create and enable on a TriCaster Studio, though I'm likely a bit quicker than most. On my Core Duo VT[5] system, the entire process takes just over 10 seconds.) :)

http://www.vtworx.com/Resources/qs_tc.jpg

There's a PDF manual in the archive attached here with full installation details and instructions for use. Thanks to those who helped with design and testing (especially Mark Goodrich!)

joseburgos
03-06-2008, 11:44 AM
This is a must have people.
It works as advertised :)
I can make a Quickset and enable it in LiveSet on my Core2 Quad VT[5] in 10 sec.'s so when Steve writes 15, he is being generous.

Randy Rouse
03-06-2008, 11:53 AM
Thanks Steve!

SBowie
03-06-2008, 11:55 AM
Very welcome, Randy (I want to see screenshots, guys!) :D

SBowie
03-06-2008, 11:57 AM
I can make a Quickset and enable it in LiveSet on my Core2 Quad VT[5] in 10 sec.'sYeah, well we didn't all get a brand new quad system yesterday like some other people did. ;)

goodrichm
03-06-2008, 03:04 PM
WooHoo, thanks Steve! :dance:

I don't deserve any special recognition for beta-testing because this plugin is so intuitive to use and I have loads of fun using it. This is hands down the quickest & easiest way to create a LiveSet!

Thanks again Steve for creating this and sharing it with everybody. You're the best...:rock:

mahasf
03-06-2008, 05:49 PM
What is the best route to take if you don't have the software to create these picture in picture templates. SBowie, could you send me this template, so I could install it in my system? If so, what is the file structure for placing any new live set?

SBowie
03-06-2008, 07:44 PM
What is the best route to take if you don't have the software to create these picture in picture templates.I'm sorry, but lacking Aura or Mirage, this would not help you. Your options for LiveSet creation tools would be limited to the basic LiveSet Generator (or what ever it's called, been awhile since I looked at it) or a copy of LW 9.x and the corresponding plugins.

(If you're looking for some specific simple PiP setup, though, perhaps someone would likely knock it off for you if you posted details.)

billmi
03-07-2008, 05:28 AM
Very tasty, Steve.

SBowie
03-07-2008, 07:04 AM
I tend to knock this kind of stuff out when I need a break from my regular routine, so if anyone has suggestions for variations or improvements please email me separately!

For example, I considered a version that automatically generates a full LiveSet 'quad-set' of PiP shots, one in each screen quadrant. I tried this out and it worked fine -- but I wasn't pleased with the thumbnail handling. I could create repesentative thumbnails for newly modified shots, but SE didn't update them - the thumbnails - when a LiveSet by the same name existed already (without being manually kicked in the behind.) That's actually why the current version simply uses static text thumbnails - to avoid any confusion when SE doesn't seem to update after modifications to the shots.

invica
02-15-2010, 04:03 PM
I have followed the instructions for the set up and execution of the quickset, and I guess I am really confused. Once the Quickset is created and i go back to the VT layout and I am ready to use the quickset in my production for my clock, how do I use it, It isn't available under the livesets, and I can't seem to see how to use it once it's created.Do I keep Aura open, HEPL Please.....

SBowie
02-15-2010, 04:12 PM
II am ready to use the quickset in my production for my clock, how do I use it, It isn't available under the livesets, and I can't seem to see how to use it once it's created.Off the top of my head, it sounds like you may not have set the output path correctly. The docs state the following:

15) Click the Browse Button, and select VT[5] Folder (then close the Browse window.)

Did you do that?

invica
02-15-2010, 04:17 PM
Yes I did that. Everything works great right up until I go back to the VT interface to use it. Lost from There

SBowie
02-15-2010, 04:21 PM
Maybe start by looking inside your VSFX folder, see it the files are actually there. If they're not there (assuming you can seem them being created), you're going to want to figure out where they are winding up instead of the correct place.

invica
02-15-2010, 04:26 PM
Where do I find that folder and what should i be looking for...

invica
02-15-2010, 04:38 PM
Should this show up in the liveset dropdown menu when it is working correctly. Then I just assign this to the camera inputs I want just like any other live set. Correct? Also am I able to assign this to say my scoreboard graphic so if I brignon and off by graphic so does the clock?

SBowie
02-15-2010, 04:39 PM
Under XP, look inside C:\Program Files\NewTek\VT5\User Daata\Default User\ for the VSFX folder. This is where your LiveSets 'live'. Look for a folder with the same name you supplied in the Aura plugin when setting it up.

mtash
08-05-2012, 09:32 PM
I only recently bought a Tricaster STUDIO for my high school. How can I make this happen today is Aura and Mirage are no longer available?

I am trying to do this very effect.

Thank you.

Max

QuickSet Tool (for LiveSet creation)
As mentioned in several other recent threads, using NewTek's fascinating LiveSet technology and the "LiveSet Generator for Aura", I've prepared a tool called QuickSet for (relatively) painless and very fast creation and updating of inset and PiP shots.

Although the tool was originally conceived as one solution to the problem of showing a physical game-clock at sports event in a (LiveSet) inset, it has many other abilities and features.