PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else having problems entering the registration section

Radiolarian
03-06-2008, 07:58 AM
I've been trying to login to the registration system but I haven't been able to. I get to the screen when it asks me "select your country". I click select but it times out and I get a blank screen with this URL on top http://register.newtek.com/Splash.aspx. Is this just on my side or has anyone else having this problem. I'm hoping I can get access before the beta is released. Thanks for the help.

Rafael

fgreen
03-06-2008, 08:54 AM
Hey Rafael, I just followed the link and selected "Mexico" and "Espanol"-- it took me right to the login page-- I'm in Cleveland, OH, USA.

BeeVee
03-06-2008, 09:18 AM
It doesn't really matter what country and language you pick on those initial pages. They are only there to set cookies for your country and language preference. If you can't get through them, then you need to clear your cache, cookies and history or use a better browser.

B

Radiolarian
03-06-2008, 01:05 PM
It doesn't matter what country I enter I'm still unable to enter. I'm using firefox 2.0.0.12 and Internet Explorer 7 and no luck. I tried to clearing cache,history and cookies and I get no change. This is odd. I've never had problems accessing the registration section before. My ISP just started blocking port 25 so I can't send out emails through my POP accounts but I don't think this could be related. Any ideas?

And thanks for the suggestions and info.

Rafael

fgreen
03-06-2008, 02:44 PM
A couple of other things to try, even though they are remote possibilities and probably won't make a difference....

Ask someone else on a different computer at your same location to attemp to bring up the page. This would help determine if the problem is limited to your computer, or if it is any computer at your location.

Try to temporarily disable as many security or privacy programs as possible (virus, adware/spyware, popup blockers, firewalls and etc.). Then try to bring up the page.

Dan_The_Man
03-07-2008, 09:16 AM
Do you have any problems logging into other sites that use cookies? If so check your firewall and browser settings.

Radiolarian
03-07-2008, 01:56 PM
I ended up reinstalling Windows after discovering a trojan horse and everything seems Ok now. Thanks for the suggestions.