PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave 9.5 and the Hypervoxels

Nico75
03-06-2008, 06:23 AM
Hello Newtek,

I have read in the Press release :

Node Editor Enhancements : Optimizations for Materials and Shaders

that's mean that the Hypervoxels support fully the Node Editor ?
I hope. I don't understand why this part of Lightwave is forget in the process of development...

Regards

Maxx
03-06-2008, 06:27 AM
I could be wrong, but I don't think that line item has anything to do with HyperVoxels. I think it means that Nodal Materials and Shaders will render faster.

I do agree, though - HV needs a little lovin'. Hopefully NT is working on that even as we speak ... er, type. :D

flashover
03-06-2008, 08:32 AM
I wish HV 4 with node editor support + fast + new procedural textures and new system blending for the particles like RF, transform HV to mesh, shader for fire and smoke.

zatara
03-06-2008, 12:37 PM
I wish this too!!! HV needs some upgrades!!!!

RedBull
03-06-2008, 04:20 PM
Hello Newtek,

I have read in the Press release :

Node Editor Enhancements : Optimizations for Materials and Shaders

that's mean that the Hypervoxels support fully the Node Editor ?
I hope. I don't understand why this part of Lightwave is forget in the process of development...

Regards

You can already use Nodes with Hypervoxels, albeit in a slightly handicapped fashion. Try Dponts 'Node Volume' which works with HV.

http://pagesperso-orange.fr/dpont/plugins/nodes/Additionnal_Nodes_2.html

hrgiger
03-06-2008, 05:28 PM
Jay mentioned back in, I think December, that volumetrics were slated for an overhaul, but it was a monstrous task. So in other words, I wouldn't look for any magic to happen in that area in 9.5. Maybe 10?

Mark The Great
03-06-2008, 05:29 PM
You can already use Nodes with Hypervoxels, albeit in a slightly handicapped fashion. Try Dponts 'Node Volume' which works with HV.

That doesn't allow you to, say, surface surface voxels with nodes like dielectric or conductor, does it?

RedBull
03-06-2008, 08:18 PM
That doesn't allow you to, say, surface surface voxels with nodes like dielectric or conductor, does it?

No, anything that requires raytracing, will not work..... Hence the handicapped comment i made. However it's all that's going to happen with Nodes & HV for sometime. Still allows some cool Node effect however.

wavemaster
03-06-2008, 11:30 PM
I am with this idea... hvs need updating...bad!

Nico75
03-07-2008, 03:40 AM

Yes, the node volume it's cool, but it doesn't work with LWSN 64.

Nico75
03-07-2008, 04:31 AM
The problems with HV 3 : (only in volume mode !)

When you want to "cut" a particule, if you use the Dissolve option, the "transition" is dark.

If you put the same texture in the Thickness option, it doesn't work...(same thing in blending alpha mode)

If you put the same texture in the Density option, same problem...

Another problem : in the dissolve option, if you select a gradient, there are no "incidences" option in the input parameter.

UbiGuy
03-09-2008, 09:38 AM
For me, the overall volume shader need change. Newtek should look over After Burn. I don't know what's happening with Dynamite, but a lot of interesting idea have been implement in Dynamite.

HV dosen't look reel... It's alway possible to create great effects. But for me the volumetric shading, is not quite realistic.