PDA

View Full Version : commandinput and G-Toggle Subpatch

tajino
03-05-2008, 09:00 PM
It is weird that CommandInput("ModCommand_G-Toggle Subpatch") does not work, LW gives an error 'Unknown command:"CommandInput("G-Toggle".' But on the other hand, CommandInput("ModCommand_ToggleMetaBalls") works. LW9.2/9.3.1 same thing happens.

notice even the error message omits ' Subpatch', might be due to "ModCommand_G-Toggle Subpatch" command contains a space that lw doesn't seems to like in commandinput.

anyone managed to get this to work? or any workaround to execute the G-Toggle Subpatch command from within lscript.

Thanks.

Roly
03-05-2008, 10:01 PM
Why not just use CommandInput("togglepatches")?

tajino
03-06-2008, 07:48 AM
Why not just use CommandInput("togglepatches")?

I didn't know that. Thanks! it works.

tajino
03-06-2008, 09:19 AM
upon further testing, I've noticed that firing CommandInput("togglepatches") in layout will only work if there is only one mesh in the scene (not even multi-layer mesh).

I've found out that by making a modeler lscript that does the following :

@version 1.4
@warnings
@name ToggleSubpatch

main
{
selmode(USER);
togglepatches();
}

and then calling that script from layout via CommandInput("ModCommand_ToggleSubpatch") works nicely with multiple objects. wierd.

how do we execute modeler redo from within layout?
CommandInput("ModCommand_redo") ? doesn't work
but strangely CommandInput("ModCommand_undo") works.

another thing in layout, modeling commands seems to work in tris, is this the way it currently is, or is there a switch to make it work in quads? would be nice to be able to subdivide(FLAT) and get quads; from within layout.