PDA

View Full Version : Flip on an axis?

IMI
03-05-2008, 05:16 PM
Is there a way in Modeler to flip an object on an axis, so it makes a mirrored object, but opposite? Or a plugin?
We have mirror, so I would think flipping shouldn't be a problem. Just Mirror without keeping the original geometry.
Thanks. :)

medicalart
03-05-2008, 05:23 PM
I'm not sure why mirror and roate won't work. What exactly do you mean by "mirrored object, but opposite"?

IMI
03-05-2008, 05:27 PM
yeah, I was in a hurry and didn't phrase that right.
But I found it hidden in the configure menus panel - "Flipit". It wasn't assigned to a menu so I forgot about it. Seemed to me there was something though, just thought maybe it was replaced by something else.

Lightwolf
03-05-2008, 05:59 PM
You can also scale using a negative value, but you need to flip the polygons after that.

...I suppose that was before the days of Flipit ;)

Cheers,
Mike

IMI
03-05-2008, 06:16 PM
You can also scale using a negative value, but you need to flip the polygons after that.

...I suppose that was before the days of Flipit ;)

Cheers,
Mike

Interesting. I see what you mean, but I never would have thought of that.

Surrealist.
03-06-2008, 12:47 PM
Cool little tool. I never knew about that one. If you undo you can see it goes through the steps Mike pointed out. There is also Flipit Fast which just goes accross the X.

zapper1998
03-06-2008, 01:54 PM
OH how cool

Thanks

Learn somfin new every day... yeppers...

Amazing I like to learn new things, It appears I like learning new thingys...

Mike

Lightwolf
03-06-2008, 01:56 PM
Amazing I like to learn new things, It appears I like learning new thingys...

There is a medical term that describes learning old things: Alzheimers ;)

Cheers,
Mike

zardoz
03-07-2008, 02:58 AM
wow...never knew this one....it's really useful. Of course it would be better to be able to draw an axis for the flip...with snap also...(dreaming)