PDA

View Full Version : Wish to do a camera trick

Billybopper1
03-05-2008, 12:06 PM
Does anybody know how to make the camera go out of focus? I'm trying to take some text and make it fade in out of focus then come into focus. Please guide me in the right direction. Thanks! By the way, I'm working with Lightwave 8.3

wavemaster
03-05-2008, 12:11 PM
do you have a compositing app? After effects, fusion, Combustion...

rdolishny
03-05-2008, 12:16 PM
Does anybody know how to make the camera go out of focus? I'm trying to take some text and make it fade in out of focus then come into focus. Please guide me in the right direction. Thanks! By the way, I'm working with Lightwave 8.3

The new focus effects are pretty much the reason I upgraded from 6.5 all the way to 9.3.

But barring that I've had much better success just rendering out muliple passes of the same scene and blurring them in combustion or AE.

wavemaster
03-05-2008, 12:19 PM
I would render out a depth pass and use lens blur in After effects...

dwburman
03-05-2008, 12:21 PM
Animate the envelope of the Focal Distance. That's what you'd be adjusting in a real camera.

Surrealist.
03-05-2008, 12:25 PM

What are you going to use the text for? That is the first question. Is it for keying over video film footage? Is it for a web app? If you are going to be using it keyed over other elements in another program such as a Non Linear Editor I would do it there where you can key frame the blur effect and have the real-time flexibility to adjust the timing.

rdolishny
03-05-2008, 12:53 PM
How do you actually made that work in AE?

I get multi-pass render, I have a number of files (in my case PNG) and I see what's happening with depth pass (white to black based on depth), but how do you actually make that come together in AE?

wavemaster
03-05-2008, 12:56 PM
How do you actually made that work in AE?

I get multi-pass render, I have a number of files (in my case PNG) and I see what's happening with depth pass (white to black based on depth), but how do you actually make that come together in AE?

In cs2 or higher... apply lens blur to the image sequence, then use your depth pass as the input layer for the lens blur.