PDA

View Full Version : Where are the LightWave dev team?

kopperdrake
03-04-2008, 10:58 AM
Do they work from the Beckwith Boulevard address?

Steamthrower
03-04-2008, 12:20 PM
Are you wanting to send them a box of chocolates or a mailbomb? :D

kopperdrake
03-04-2008, 01:28 PM
rofl - neither - just curious :D

KevinL
03-04-2008, 01:44 PM
Developing?
:)

Kevin

mav3rick
03-04-2008, 01:46 PM
from chuck garage

Andyjaggy
03-04-2008, 01:58 PM
I think they work from wherever they live. I don't believe they are all located at NT headquarters. I could be wrong though.

Ember
03-04-2008, 02:00 PM
Actually as far as I know, the LW dev team works from all around the world. People work in the USA, Finland, Japan etc. to make LW 9.5. It's the wonderful world of Internet :)

mav3rick
03-04-2008, 02:31 PM
well dont forget austria...

kopperdrake
03-04-2008, 03:24 PM
Seriously? They really are all over?

geothefaust
03-04-2008, 03:25 PM
Sure are.

Andyjaggy
03-04-2008, 03:36 PM
We could make a gameshow. Find the Lightwave developers.

Jarno
03-04-2008, 04:30 PM
Currently you really don't want to find the LW developers. You know those doomsday scenarios where a small group of people come together, contract some new deadly virus, and then spread it all over the globe by airplane travel? It's a bit like that currently.

*sniffle cough sneeze*

---JvdL---

meatycheesyboy
03-04-2008, 04:51 PM

In the age of reality television, that wouldn't work. It would need to be something more like this, "Watch as all the LW developers live, program, and interact with each other all in the same house while simultaneously trying to gain the admiration and affection of "Lucky in Love" Chuck Baker! On Monday's after American Gladiators. 10 PM/9 Central."

Verlon
03-04-2008, 04:57 PM
when I went to Newtek HQ in San Antonio, they said the Lightwave guys were scattered all over the world. I guess the VT/SE/TriCaster guys are the ones in Texas.

kopperdrake
03-04-2008, 06:06 PM
Wow! I'm impressed!

Etch
03-04-2008, 06:28 PM

Where in the world is the Lightwave 3D dev team!

wavemaster
03-04-2008, 06:30 PM
I am curious as to how that works?
Do they get paid by the hour, line of code, quality of feature...?

kopperdrake
03-04-2008, 06:52 PM
I take it some of you guys are on the LW team then? Jarno?

IMI
03-04-2008, 07:00 PM
I am curious as to how that works?
Do they get paid by the hour, line of code, quality of feature...?

Eight bits per byte. That's about a dollar a byte.

Sorry, I just couldn't resist, really. :D

kopperdrake
03-04-2008, 07:11 PM
/slap :D

Maxx
03-04-2008, 09:21 PM
In the age of reality television, that wouldn't work. It would need to be something more like this, "Watch as all the LW developers live, program, and interact with each other all in the same house while simultaneously trying to gain the admiration and affection of "Lucky in Love" Chuck Baker! On Monday's after American Gladiators. 10 PM/9 Central."
I kinda like "My Lightwave Developer is Better Than Your Lightwave Developer". On Tuesday nights at 9:00, right after "The Amazing Render". :D

grangerfx
03-04-2008, 11:50 PM
Currently you really don't want to find the LW developers. You know those doomsday scenarios where a small group of people come together, contract some new deadly virus, and then spread it all over the globe by airplane travel? It's a bit like that currently.

*sniffle cough sneeze*

---JvdL---
Remember when your mom told you to always wash your hands?

I am happy and healthy in Placerville, CA.

My wife's blog has some pics:
http://westgrangefarm.blogspot.com/

-Mark

RedBull
03-05-2008, 12:14 AM

-Mark

Looks like a nice place to develop from........However Jarno has NZ and bungy jumping, snow capped mountains and jet boating down serene rivers, are also appealing to myself.......

DogBoy
03-05-2008, 02:03 AM
Looks like a nice place to develop from........However Jarno has NZ and bungy jumping, snow capped mountains and jet boating down serene rivers, are also appealing to myself.......

Yeah, but they also have an infestation of annoying hairy-footed shortarses trampling the countryside referring to everyone as "gaffer" *shudder* :hey:

grangerfx
03-05-2008, 03:02 AM
I have all of that within 5-30 minutes from me. Jarno has one thing that I don't: sand flies! (Tiny black flies that swarm all over you and bite).

-Mark

kopperdrake
03-05-2008, 09:12 AM
Sounds like the perfect life-style :D (the country, not the flies!). We get mosquitoes and little black biting flies here, luckily the daddy long-leg spiders eat most of them so we see them as mini-pets, every room needs one!

masterchief
03-05-2008, 09:48 AM
original LW developers all went over to luxology to create Modo

LW is just an animation tool for the VT .. they found a consumer base for selling it as a standalone and here we are

regards,
William

Titus
03-05-2008, 10:08 AM
original LW developers all went over to luxology to create Modo

And before that Messiah.

masterchief
03-05-2008, 10:16 AM
And before that Messiah.

was not aware of that... not a messiah fan myself..

If you want a good training DVD, go over to DeskTop Images. they distribute a DVD with Brad Peebler explaining LW hypervoxels. I was somewhat surprised at the time I saw it.

meatycheesyboy
03-05-2008, 11:54 AM
And before that Messiah.

I don't know if this is entirely correct. Project Messiah Group was founded by Dan Milling, Furi Owurowa, and Lyle Milton. If I remember correctly, they worked for Station X Studios and developed plugins very closely with Newtek, some of which got absorbed into LW like Puppet Master from Furi, but I don't think any of them were actually first person employees of Newtek.

My mind is very cloudy about this though, so anyone who knows their ancient LW history better than me, please chime in.

Titus
03-05-2008, 01:25 PM
You're right. I should have elaborated on the subject to clarify my comment.

Sarford
03-05-2008, 02:06 PM

-Mark

Wow! Now I know how LW gets all these advanced features... you live in the future!

Chuck
03-11-2008, 05:25 PM
I don't know if this is entirely correct. Project Messiah Group was founded by Dan Milling, Furi Owurowa, and Lyle Milton. If I remember correctly, they worked for Station X Studios and developed plugins very closely with Newtek, some of which got absorbed into LW like Puppet Master from Furi, but I don't think any of them were actually first person employees of Newtek.

My mind is very cloudy about this though, so anyone who knows their ancient LW history better than me, please chime in.

Dan worked first in Tech Support at NewTek and then moved into 3D development, working on object import facilities among other areas. When NewTek relocated to San Antonio, he went to California and I think Station X, then pmG. Fori also worked on the NewTek 3D Development team up to about the time of the relocation, then went on to other things as well.

meatycheesyboy
03-11-2008, 07:59 PM
There you have it folks, a man who knows his LW history. Thanks Chuck.