PDA

View Full Version : 9.5 Info

Lottmedia
03-03-2008, 11:50 AM
so....I'm sure someone somewhere has probably posted something about this but all I can find are 21 page joke threads where people are gabbing back and forth about the possibility of 9.5. Is there any official information?

I've regestered, but there is no download. So it's not ready? Do we have soem information? I really feel that NT is just winging it on this update. I didn't even get the announcement about 9.5 except as a link in someone's post where people were arguing if 9.5 was even real. Right now I feel that everythign is rumor and speculation, I know the marketing dept. is restructuring, but I kinda feel lost in the woods here.

Help me obi wan, you're my only hope...

Casey :cat:
(where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?)

lardbros
03-03-2008, 12:01 PM
If you go to newtek.com there is a press release about 9.5.

It will tell you absolutely everything you need to know.

I wouldn't say newtek are winging it on this update!? Seems like it will be a good release!

meatycheesyboy
03-03-2008, 12:04 PM
I didn't even get the announcement about 9.5 except as a link in someone's post where people were arguing if 9.5 was even real.

Do you not count the link to the press release that's on Newtek's homepage as an announcement? <edit> lardbros beat me to it <end edit>

Also keep in mind that the press release says "The LightWave v9.5 Open Beta program is scheduled to begin early March". Scheduled is different from the word will and makes an early March release tentative, not concrete.

I apologize if this post sound condecending, not my intention at all, I just feel like everyone is working themselves into a frenzy over nothing and artificially making things worse than they actually are.

Lottmedia
03-03-2008, 12:21 PM
I wouldn't say newtek are winging it on this update!? Seems like it will be a good release!

The qualification of wether it's a good release or not is not what I'm talking about (since it's not out I have no clue) it's the strangeness of the marketing (?) around it. We usually get some email or something when these things happen. I've seen the press release but it dosen't answer any of the questions I've posed (and quite frankly I always go straight to the forums, I hardly ever even see the NT home page)

I also understand that the press release says "sometime in march" I'm saying, I was just able to regester, and from posts I believe a lot of other people were too. That's great. I just want to know if I cannot see the download is it because of somethign specific to me/my account/the leingth of my pants/earth's relation to pluto/etc. or is it just not ready yet. Nothing seemed fairly clear about this update so far and with all the joke threads going around I'm finding the forums to be taken with a grain of salt for actual information, at present.

That's all, I just wanted to know where everytrhing stood. I'm not fussing that it's not out yet or anythign like that, I just wanted some actual, verifyable information and not 16 pages of people reveling in their own cleverness.

Casey :cat:

lardbros
03-03-2008, 12:28 PM
Sorry, thought you meant the upate, not the marketing of the update.

I'm sure we'll all get an email when it finally is released, so sit tight and wait for the email i guess!