PDA

View Full Version : EMBARRASING QUESTION- Proton Videos

Ty Catt
03-03-2008, 11:24 AM
Alright guys,

For some weird reason, on three seperate computers, I can't get the William Proton videos to play. I click to download, the browser shows it downloading the .MOV, and then I get the QT logo with a question mark through it.

I have the newest version (without iTunes) of QT on all three computers. I saw the Ensharpen codec disclaimer listed on the LW page, installed that too, still not working.

I am out of solutions, and really embarrassed that I have haven't done anything about this sooner. I am dying to see them!

Thanks!

Ty

cagey5
03-03-2008, 11:28 AM
Have you tried right clicking and save to disk? Mine doesn't play QT when clicked on either.

Ty Catt
03-03-2008, 11:34 AM
Cagey,

I'll try that now!

Thanks!

Ty

Weetos
03-03-2008, 11:35 AM
Your browser (or the QT plugin) might be the culprit. Have you tried to right-click, select 'Save as' and save it on your hard drive, and then to open it using QT ? If this fails too, you may consider using a free ftp client such as Filezilla, and try from there. I hope this helps, because those videos rock !

argh Cagey answered first - oh well ;)

Hopper
03-03-2008, 01:36 PM
I had the same problem a while back.. I think there was also a thread about it. It was a 7.1 bug I think? I uninstalled QT completely and reinstalled. Worked like a champ.

Fizzer
03-04-2008, 03:01 AM
I have the same problem with QT. Do as suggested, right click and save to hard drive. They all run fine for me that way.