PDA

View Full Version : OT - i need F1 racing engine sounds...

Pavlov
03-03-2008, 11:05 AM
Hi all,
i'm working at a F1 circuit, i need some audio files to simulate engine's sound.
Best thing would be a "generator", something which i can control with keyboard to simulate acceleration and other behaviors at proper moments.
BTW both free and commercial solutions are wellcome.

thanks,
Paolo

Hopper
03-03-2008, 11:22 AM
Here's the perfect link for that

F1 Racing (http://insanity.funnypart.com/)

enjoy. :D

Jim_C
03-03-2008, 11:26 AM
Hi all,
i'm working at a F1 circuit, i need some audio files to simulate engine's sound.
Best thing would be a "generator", something which i can control with keyboard to simulate acceleration and other behaviors at proper moments.
BTW both free and commercial solutions are wellcome.

thanks,
Paolo

Know anybody with racing games?

I have a couple for PC I don't play anymore I could lendto you for however long if you don't come up with anything else.

Suppose to be actual sounds from the cars and you controol them with the gas pedal all you want.

Hopper
03-03-2008, 11:27 AM
But seriously... :)

You can always find an F1 racing game (i.e. Microsoft's "F1 Racing") and grab the sound output for it. Create a straight track in the editor, then accelerate/deccelerate at will.

Hopper
03-03-2008, 11:30 AM
I suspect you need to do this in real-time on location. If that's the case, you might want to try a synth or soft-synth you can control with your notebook, etc..

Pavlov
03-03-2008, 04:13 PM
yes, it would be nice... a small synth program with accelerator-brakes keys to manage my own sound while the movie plays.

Paolo