PDA

View Full Version : Graph editor not displaying graphs

aidyn66
03-03-2008, 10:18 AM
I've a rather puzzling problem here. I opened up LW 9.3 this morning to work on a project, and when I began to animate, I realized that my graph editor isn't displaying the graph field or allowing any editing. The bin and the controls all respond as they should, but the actual graph field isn't rendering any data at all. The scene I'm working in has had a few problems previously with objects disappearing and becoming uneditable, so I loaded up an older scene to check if it was a problem in the scene file or in lightwave itself. Three seperate unrelated scenes also share the problem, so I'm convinced it's some sort of error/bug in lightwave itself. The problem remains after lightwave and computer restarts, and I'm reluctant to reinstall lightwave, rather desiring just to fix the problem. If anyone knows anything and can be of assistance, I'd be very grateful. I'm attaching an image of the current graph editor, just in case it will help. Thanks!

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj103/aidyn66/brokengrapheditor.jpg?t=1204564626

evolross
03-03-2008, 11:29 AM
Hmm... I once had lots of graphical problems in 9.3, especially with the Graph Editor, but it was from using the really crappy onboard Intel Graphics Accelerator that came with the $500 laptop. I've only ever seen the problems I saw when I used that laptop.

aidyn66
03-03-2008, 11:53 AM
The problem has never appeared before, and my hardware hasn't changed lately. I'm running a GeForce 8600 GTS as well, so I doubt it's the hardware. I'll check for driver updates, though.

medicalart
03-03-2008, 01:05 PM
If you're a new user, in the graph editor, there's an "Autofit curves" menu above the graph window. See if anything shows up then. (If you're not a new user, please excuse the comment!)

aidyn66
03-03-2008, 04:30 PM
Yeah, autofitting and experimenting with the zoom/move were the first things I tried. As no graph is being rendered out by the program, neither of those were effective.

I checked my drivers, they're already the most recent version, as I thought, and there hadn't been any recent changes anyway. I suppose I'll just chalk this up to "bug" and reinstall?

donny
03-04-2008, 10:19 AM
Before doing a full re install try deleting your LightWave config files. These are stored under C:\Documents and Settings and will be listed as .cfg files with the lw in the name.

hazmat777
03-29-2008, 01:21 PM
I'm having the same problem here in 9.3.1 . Also using an 8600gt. Never had trouble until I bought a second monitor and set the graph editor to open on it. I did get a graph to appear on it by moving it back to the default monitor and reloading the bin, but was unable to edit anything. Fresh configs.