PDA

View Full Version : Audio transitions

lifechurchkev
03-01-2008, 06:47 PM
When I do live switching, I have the audio mixer set on "follow." When I do any kind of auto trans (by button or bar), the audio fades like normal, but then the source I am transitioning away from pops up full blast for a fraction of a second. It is very annoying and I can't find any setting that affects it. VT-4 never did this... am I doing something wrong?

jsanfilippo
03-02-2008, 04:39 PM
Hi Kevin,

I can't answer your question (still using 4.6)... sorry. but i just had to ask - Life Church in Oklahoma is using VT!?!?! Wow! Is that your main location? I would expect Life to be using something much bigger, and HD? What's your application?

Tod Cole
03-02-2008, 05:50 PM
When I do live switching, I have the audio mixer set on "follow." When I do any kind of auto trans (by button or bar), the audio fades like normal, but then the source I am transitioning away from pops up full blast for a fraction of a second. It is very annoying and I can't find any setting that affects it. VT-4 never did this... am I doing something wrong?
Is this the same Life Church mentioned on the Fowler design company's page? I will give it a try tomorrow when I get into the office.
Tod

CreatvGnius
03-02-2008, 06:10 PM

I wonder if your host PC has a motherboard running at a mere 533MHz. For VT[5], you're better off with a motherboard running at 800MHz or better.

You could try this, to see if things improve:
Restart the host PC, and go into the BIOS settings, and depending on the BIOS, you'd look (possibly in the ADVANCED panel) for PCI LATENCY. It might be set to something rather low. Remember what you find it set to, in case you need to revert. But for now, change it to 128.

Now, Hit F10 to Save your setting, and go into Windows, and relaunch VT.
Has that video transition quality improved? Let us know...
-PeterG

PIZAZZ
03-02-2008, 09:00 PM
Peter I realize you are trying to help but the very first 2 words in the original post were "audio transitions" not video transitions.

Your PCI Latency suggestion holds merit in certain situations but I would never advise a user to dive into the BIOS without knowing a ton more information that the original post provided.

---> LifeChurchKev,

Could you please give us more information about your system setup?
Exact system specs of the host computer... etc.
Signal Flow of your system setup.

Have you tried NOT using "follow" enabled and see if there are any issues?
Do you have the Audio Mixer in Live Mode or Preview Mode?
Are you using the Back Audio out or Front Audio out when the hiccup occurs?

Tod Cole
03-03-2008, 10:25 AM
Is this the same Life Church mentioned on the Fowler design company's page? I will give it a try tomorrow when I get into the office.
Tod
I am not having this problem in VT5 at the office. What are the specs?