PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Teapot?

IMI
03-01-2008, 09:04 AM
I just noticed in LW 9.3.1, the teapot object is no longer there. It used to be under the Create Tab>Primitives>More, but is no longer. And I can't find it anywhere else, either.
It's there in 9.3, but gone in 9.3.1. All the other "primitives" seem to have survived intact.
Has it simply been done away with, with no fanfare or even a memorial service, or am I missing out on something here?
Some kind of anti-teapot trend?

Steamthrower
03-01-2008, 09:08 AM
The cow's gone too. Has been for a while. I needed more cowbell.

IMI
03-01-2008, 09:15 AM
I forgot about the cow, but the teapot has been what I use for various tests. I've been using it for UV mapping and surface baking tests for a while now, plus rendering as well. I just haven't done so in a while, so hadn't noticed until just now.
Oh well, gotta lose something or other from time to time to free up some space, I suppose. Maybe 9.5 has some sort of Super Teapot in it, a teapot better than all others before. :D

Bog
03-01-2008, 09:17 AM
I am giving up LightWave and starting to use 3D Studio because the Eagle In A Barrel plugin is gone.

Not because Max has an E.I.A.B tool, but because the choking horror of using it's "Interface" will distract me from the pain of E.I.A.B.'s absence.

PS: Bring back "Haiku" while you're at it.

Lightwolf
03-01-2008, 09:20 AM
I had to write my own LensCap image filter :o

Cheers,
Mike

IMI
03-01-2008, 09:23 AM
PS: Bring back "Haiku" while you're at it.

Teapot is no more
Our teapot now forgotten
Lives on in spirit

Steamthrower
03-01-2008, 09:26 AM
O how I hate
Very poorly written
nonexistent haiku

IMI
03-01-2008, 09:29 AM
Sorry about that, but people in mourning do strange things. :D

Bog
03-01-2008, 09:41 AM
A Haiku is
A Japanese poem with
Seventeen syllables.
This isn't one.

cresshead
03-01-2008, 09:49 AM
well now the teapot and cow are gone newtek have room for a cat!

Hopper
03-01-2008, 11:09 AM
well now the teapot and cow are gone newtek have room for a cat!
Here.. they can use this one... and it won't cost them a penny.

:gotpics:

http://home.austin.rr.com/mackerma/images/free_cat.jpg

Bog
03-01-2008, 11:12 AM
As a cat owner, I find that horrible.

As someone with a twisted sense of humour I find it hilarious.

I'm torn. No - wait - I just heard "OW!" from downstairs which means either Gouraud or Phong perforated the SO. So I'll go for "hilarious".

cresshead
03-01-2008, 11:21 AM
:thumbsdow

typical dumb ***

Hopper
03-01-2008, 11:26 AM
:thumbsdow

typical dumb ***
Oh, come on now... I don't hate cats, I just thought the pic was funny. I would have done the same if it were a dog, chimmunk, arangutan, etc...

Steamthrower
03-01-2008, 11:45 AM
That pic is not funny.

It is hilarious. I love it.

I don't especially like cats but had one growing up. Always liked dogs better. I'd laugh even if it were a free dog.

http://www.habeeb.com/images/funny.photos/road.kill.lane.jpg

IMI
03-01-2008, 11:53 AM
Why has my thread been hijacked?
Haiku, cats, cows, and our new NT forum buzzword, "free"... none of that matters when you consider the terrible loss we have suffered!

Do you people not understand? Our teapot is gone! Quietly removed in the dead of the night, with no notice! No notice, not even the chance to vote on it!

Of course, had I been allowed to vote, I'd have probably said I couldn't care less one way or the other but....that doesn't matter. What matters is... it's just NOT FAIR!

Well, at least m*** and max still have teapots. :D

Bog
03-01-2008, 12:01 PM
http://www.imaginetix.co.uk/Images/teapot_anamorphic.jpg

Teaaaaaapoooooot.

Hopper
03-01-2008, 12:02 PM
Maybe they're just making it bigger, faster, stronger! We can have a bionic teapot for 9.5. It will become the new fluid dynamics engine. Need liquid? Just pour it!

@Bog:
Oh, now that's just cool....

IMI
03-01-2008, 12:08 PM
Yeah, that IS pretty cool. :)

Bog
03-01-2008, 12:21 PM
I took a pic from the top as well, and rendered it in LW with a 100% reflective cylinder - the anamorphic projection worked as predicted.

This pleased me :)

Not as much as if I'd done the original projection, obviously. But still a measurable amount.

MikeUnderwood
03-01-2008, 12:23 PM
I'm using 9.3.1, and my teapot is there. Pretty sure the cow is somewhere is the program folder as well.

Hopper
03-01-2008, 01:48 PM
I'm using 9.3.1, and my teapot is there. Pretty sure the cow is somewhere is the program folder as well.
Oh my.. the man is right. It's right there under your nose IMI ... Are you sure your's just doesn't like you and left?

Create->Primitives->More->Teapot

No cows or eagles in it, but I guess it will do.

Note to IMI: Remember to buy your crack from the guy in the Caddy, not the guy on the Schwinn. :hey:

Bog
03-01-2008, 01:51 PM
'ere we go...

http://www.imaginetix.co.uk/Images/Teapot_Map1.jpg

Don't say I never give you anything...

IMI
03-01-2008, 02:25 PM
Oh my.. the man is right. It's right there under your nose IMI ... Are you sure your's just doesn't like you and left?

Create->Primitives->More->Teapot

No cows or eagles in it, but I guess it will do.

Note to IMI: Remember to buy your crack from the guy in the Caddy, not the guy on the Schwinn. :hey:

See image. This is what I have. I wouldn't discount the possibility of some screwup of CFG files considering I have multiple versions of LW, 32 and 64 bit installed and haven't done the "-c" thing, but I have no teapot in 9.3.1 64 bit. And it is nowhere in the Additional list, far as I can tell. I've also looked through the Edit Menus option to view the plugins at large. The teapot seems to be the only one "missing" for me.

As for the "crack" comment I'd suggest you go f**k yourself, but I'm too nice for that sort of thing. :hey:

hrgiger
03-01-2008, 02:38 PM
I think that's a possum. EDIT: Oops, thought that the picture of the animal with the lines painted over it was the last post. Didn't see the next page.

Hopper
03-01-2008, 08:39 PM
As for the "crack" comment I'd suggest you go f**k yourself, but I'm too nice for that sort of thing. :hey:

ROFL .. You thought I meant "software crack" .. I meant like street-ho crack. Like wad it up in the glass pipe and smoke it kind of crack silly.

..and why would a person in a Cadillac be selling cracked software anyway? :D

..bonehead... (gives IMI a noogie)

WhiteBoy
03-01-2008, 09:31 PM
It's still in there. Try changing your menu setup to Default instead of Studio Production Style.

See?

RedBull
03-02-2008, 12:32 AM
It's still in there. Try changing your menu setup to Default instead of Studio Production Style.

See?

It's not included in LW64 for some reason, I have it under LW 9.31 in Win32, but the plugin does not exist for LW 9.31 (64bit) it would be nice if NT informed us of which plugins did not transfer to LW64...

IMI
03-03-2008, 02:02 PM
It's not included in LW64 for some reason, I have it under LW 9.31 in Win32, but the plugin does not exist for LW 9.31 (64bit) it would be nice if NT informed us of which plugins did not transfer to LW64...

Thank you RedBull! I knew I wasn't crazy. Well, not entirely at least. ;)
I have 9.3 in 32 bit installed, but never bothered installing 9.3.1, 32 bit, just 64.

Dan_NT
03-03-2008, 02:50 PM
My teapot is there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utah_Teapot

You can always press Alt/Option + F10 and do a "Search" which will find the first plug-in that matches the search string. It's not case sensitive and typing in "tea" will find you "teapot". If you didn't find the desired plugin keep searching, it will look for the next best match.

If you click "Find" while the plugin is highlighted in the left pane then it will look for it wherever it exists. Click "Find" multiple times to see everywhere the plugin may be.

You can also drag plugins to the menu hierarchy or drag menu items around it's own hierarchy. I got my tea pot in the Creation Elements > Primitives menu, it's an important part of history!

RedBull
03-03-2008, 02:57 PM
You can always press Alt/Option + F10 and do a "Search" which will find the first plug-in that matches the search string. It's not case sensitive and typing in "tea" will find you "teapot". If you didn't find the desired plugin keep searching, it will look for the next best match.

I got my tea pot in the Creation Elements > Primitives menu, it's an important part of history!

As i mentioned it's not included with LW64 9.31, and it won't show up in a search, because NT did not include it. If you look in Lightwave/Plugins/Model you will notice like Sasquatch Lite and half a dozen other plugins, NT forget what they have included.. teapot.p is in my LW32 9.31 directories and not my LW64 9.31 directories..

Steamthrower
03-03-2008, 02:58 PM
Aha. So perhaps there's a cow hidden deep somewhere?

IMI
03-03-2008, 03:11 PM
As i mentioned it's not included with LW64 9.31, and it won't show up in a search, because NT did not include it. If you look in Lightwave/Plugins/Model you will notice like Sasquatch Lite and half a dozen other plugins, NT forget what they have included.. teapot.p is in my LW32 9.31 directories and not my LW64 9.31 directories..

Yes, true. I had already searched there anyway, just hadn't mentioned it. Of course, trying to load the teapot.p plugin from 32 bit in 64, just won't work.
The only thing alt+f10 finds when you type "tea" is RotateAnyAxis, then afterwards, command search string not found.
Alt+F10 and I have been buddies for a long time now, we've spent alot of time together over the years, and I know it well. :)

IMI
03-03-2008, 03:15 PM
Oh I do appreciate the help though, Supportron. :)

RedBull
03-03-2008, 03:38 PM
The only thing alt+f10 finds when you type "tea" is RotateAnyAxis, then afterwards, command search string not found.

My search finds 'Tearoff Island of UV Map' as well.... ;)

Alt+F10 and I have been buddies for a long time now, we've spent alot of time together over the years, and I know it well. :)

Yeah Supportrons tip is a good one, that I'm sure many people should use a lot more often when using LW. It's implementation makes searching in LW easy, compared to others like Ahem, Modo which quite suck very badly in comparison.

But yeah a 64bit Teapot.p likely needs to be shipped (for parity), as for the cow and the eagle in a barrell, well i guess that's another argument.. :)