PDA

View Full Version : dem bones

GoneGuy
02-29-2008, 07:26 PM
I made this Witchetty Grub character for a friend a while ago and with a basic understanding of bones have posed him (yes it's a him - 'Baz' short for Barry, Barry White) in a few grub-like crawling poses.

Recently I posed him in a 'standing' pose for him to sing into a mic and although moving and rotating the bones allowed me to get the upright pose the bones don't hold close to the pose itself, remaining outside the body.

Is this normal? I've only used bones to make simple poses but I am looking to get into to some animation so any advice or pointing in general directions welcome.

rrz

SplineGod
02-29-2008, 09:22 PM
Typically that shouldnt happen. You should have a rest pose for the character where the bones are lined up with the model in its rest state. Once they match up you need to select and rest all bones.

GoneGuy
03-01-2008, 04:48 PM
Thanks Larry,

The grub has a rest position from which another pose was developed. I manipulated this other pose further to get Baz standing upright.

I don't know what has happened along the way but I went back to the earlier pose and was able to manipulate it further without the bones detaching.

Looks like I've got work to do and I have your video on rigging which I hope will set me on my way.

Thanks for your reply.

SplineGod
03-01-2008, 06:40 PM
Cool, glad you got it figured out. Dont forget to use the support forums for that DVD. :)