PDA

View Full Version : Static TEXT

tofch11
02-29-2008, 01:38 PM
I am very new to vt5 and working with this kind of software. How can I get a static text such as the word "LIVE" to be present at all times during my entire broadcast at the top of the page. I can make it pop in and out, scroll but I can't seem to figure out how to just post it and leave it up while I change camera's and post other titles on the bottom of the screen. I use ddr's to make my other scrolls and pop ups. PLEASE HELP!!

CreatvGnius
02-29-2008, 01:44 PM
I am very new to vt5 and working with this kind of software. How can I get a static text such as the word "LIVE" to be present at all times during my entire broadcast at the top of the page. I can make it pop in and out, scroll but I can't seem to figure out how to just post it and leave it up while I change camera's and post other titles on the bottom of the screen. I use ddr's to make my other scrolls and pop ups. PLEASE HELP!!

Hi, t' --
Have you considered loading your graphic (hopefully it's got an alpha channel background -- so most of its background is transparent) into an additional DDR, and then, calling that particular DDR-loaded graphic up in the DSK (down-stream keyer)? Doing so will keep your graphic -- which I assume you originally created within the character generator (CG) on top of whatever else you throw up on the MAIN buss, TTBOMK (to the best of my knowledge).

Perhaps others will chime in with additional alternatives for you to try. Until then, why not crack open your VT[5] manual, and take a look at the DSK function, and give this approach a whirl. Hope this helps for now...
-PeterG

tofch11
02-29-2008, 02:36 PM
Yes i'm already using 2ddr's and have multiple layouts which I'm using with the DSK on the switcher but the problem is that when I switch from one layout to the next on the dsk it will move to the layout I need and unable to keep the word "live" at the top of my tv screen which is what I want. And I have been reading the manuel but dosn't show me how to keep a static text on my page.

CreatvGnius
02-29-2008, 02:44 PM
Yes i'm already using 2ddr's and have multiple layouts which I'm using with the DSK on the switcher but the problem is that when I switch from one layout to the next on the dsk it will move to the layout I need and unable to keep the word "live" at the top of my tv screen which is what I want. And I have been reading the manuel but dosn't show me how to keep a static text on my page.
Go to BobFX.com and get yourself some 3rd party add-ons from Bob Tasa, if you feel the feature-set within VT[5] isn't enough for your needs.

Of particular note, look into Bobs3rdChannel™ or similar software...

By the way -- you know you could use SpeedEDIT-VT as a source for the switcher's DSK, right? That's an option, in case you don't want to tie up those 2 DDRs.
-PeterG

SBowie
02-29-2008, 02:55 PM
By the way -- you know you could use SpeedEDIT-VT as a source for the switcher's DSK, right? That's an option, in case you don't want to tie up those 2 DDRs.PROVIDED ... you don't mind the fact that there's no alpha channel available to the DSK if you do that...

CreatvGnius
02-29-2008, 03:54 PM
PROVIDED ... you don't mind the fact that there's no alpha channel available to the DSK if you do that... Ooooh. Pls explain the outcome of that limitation for us, will you, Steve?

Are you inferring that anything on the SpeedEDIT-VT timeline -- even those elements having an overlay status engaged -- won't manifest their transparency status via the DSK function? Steve? Anybody? School me on this, please?
-PeterG:confused:

SBowie
02-29-2008, 04:18 PM
In a word, yes. No alpha out of SE-VT ...

CreatvGnius
02-29-2008, 04:21 PM
In a word, yes. No alpha out of SE-VT ... What workarounds, then, exist, to circumvent this limitation. Please name the add-on product(s) for us? We're all ears...:thumbsup:
-PeterG

SBowie
02-29-2008, 04:29 PM
What workarounds, then, exist, to circumvent this limitation.I don't recall having claimed there was one, actually, but since you ask:

As I wrote in the parallel thread (I hate it when there are two thread on the same topic, btw) LiveSets offer one solution. (Other possibilities include either Aura or Mirage, both of which can place multi-layer CG comps into the DSK channel *with* alpha.)

If I wasn't using LiveSets for anything else in a live production though, a LiveSet shot with the "LIVE" bug in it would be my personal choice ... you could just leave it on all the time, and do whatever esle you like in the DSK with impunity.