PDA

View Full Version : will Speed Edit work with Black Magic Intensity Pro card?

zareh
02-28-2008, 05:14 PM
http://www.blackmagic-design.com/products/intensity/

Best Regards,
Zareh

donx
02-28-2008, 06:27 PM
Interesting device.
I wonder if the component output of the Canon XH-A1 is in an uncompressed form? Since it doesn't have HDMI output.

Bobt
02-28-2008, 07:20 PM
Not sure but the Sony has that and so does the HV20 Canon.
It would make sense that the analog out would be before the compression
but as seen with DV that is not always the case.
Bob

Liber777
02-29-2008, 07:45 AM
I really would love it to. Full 1920x1080 capture from my HV20 direct to SpeedEDIT, plus monitoring would rock.

CreatvGnius
02-29-2008, 10:05 AM
I really would love it to. Full 1920x1080 capture from my HV20 direct to SpeedEDIT, plus monitoring would rock.

In a LIVE context, does pre-compression HDMI Out provide for real-time output, as opposed to Firewire's latency issue, on your Canon HV20 going into BobsXtraChannel, Bob? Anyone? TIA
-PeterG

Bobt
03-01-2008, 12:06 PM
>I really would love it to. Full 1920x1080 capture from my HV20 direct to >SpeedEDIT, plus monitoring would rock.
YES IT DOES..

>In a LIVE context, does pre-compression HDMI Out provide for real-time
>output, as opposed to Firewire's latency issue, on your Canon HV20 going >into BobsXtraChannel, Bob? Anyone? TIA
YES IT DOES.. HDMI ROCKS.. Not that I have been using it a while. Auido and video in one cable. The cable is expensive though.

Today is a great day
More when we I stream my new wares live while NAB is going on.
Bob

Randall Chesbro
03-02-2008, 01:24 PM
when is NAB?

CreatvGnius
03-02-2008, 03:35 PM
when is NAB?

Hi, Randall. In case you hadn't googled NAB by now...:hey:

NABShow
April 11 - 17, 2008 Las Vegas
The NAB Show has evolved over the last eight decades to continually lead this ever-changing industry. And while the solutions at your fingertips have changed to keep pace with consumer lifestyles, habits and technologies, your aspirations to produce and deliver memorable content have remained consistent. From conception through distribution, the NAB Show has proudly served as the incubator for excellence helping to breathe life into content everywhere.
www.nabshow.com

-PeterG

CreatvGnius
03-02-2008, 03:47 PM
"...HDMI ROCKS.. Not that I have been using it a while. [Audio] and video in one cable. The cable is expensive though.
Bob

Naw! There have *got* to be cost-effective ways to obtain those HDMI cables, without compromise in quality. Any suggestions, anyone?

Any advice appreciated,
PeterG

Liber777
03-02-2008, 09:58 PM
Check out www.monoprice.com

Verlon
03-02-2008, 11:44 PM
search the forums....there are a few threads on it.

What I recall (and must be true because I do not OWN an intensity card), is that it did not work nicely with SE. I was looking long and hard at black magic since I could capture from my FX7 in HDMI direct and get better green screen captures. It was not to be.

Now Bobt is a sharp guy. So it is possible he knows something I do not.

Bobt
03-03-2008, 07:07 AM
This am I am not so sure either. I was droping in clips without audio and it seemed ok sluggish but ok then I started adding clips with audio and it was bad. Dropped the same clips into Vegas and all was well. Hmm. I emailed John p and I hope I am doing somethin wrong.

Dufusyte
03-03-2008, 07:24 AM
Naw! There have *got* to be cost-effective ways to obtain those HDMI cables, without compromise in quality. Any suggestions, anyone?
You need a high quality cable if:

You are doing a long run of cable
You need shielding from interference

To put it another way, if you are doing a short run (6 feet) and do not need shielding, then the cheapest hdmi cable off of amazon will work fine for less than the cost to ship it.

Bobt
03-03-2008, 08:01 PM
The sad conclusion is SE doesnt play well with this codec.
I did not think this would be an issue.
After John Perkins replied to my email, thanks John, I followed his
suggestion of transcoding the clip from MJPEG to SpeedHQ.
Stuck the new clip on the timeline and like magic it plays fine.
For great SE results use SpeedHQ and whatever else they tell ya to.

Bob

hairudon
03-10-2008, 09:50 AM
isn't it pointless to get shielding on a cable that transfers in digital? my thinking is that one would have to sit a microwave transmitter ontop of the cable before the 1's and 0's got mixed up

billmi
03-10-2008, 10:55 AM
Nope, more RF interference the more 0s and 1s are messed up, and the more packets fail their checksums and get rejected, resulting in reduced data rates.

Dufusyte
03-10-2008, 11:44 AM
Everything you ever wanted to know about HDMI cables (http://www.bluejeanscable.com/articles/hdmi-cable-information.htm).

CreatvGnius
03-12-2008, 11:31 AM
Not sure but the Sony has that and so does the HV20 Canon.
It would make sense that the analog out would be before the compression
but as seen with DV that is not always the case.
Bob

Hey, Bob! Doesn't your Canon HV20 sport the standard-sized HDMI output jack? I just noticed the replacement model to the HV20 (it's the all-new, black in color, VIXIA™ HV30) sports a new, mini-HDMI port. Yuk!

VIXIA HV30 - Announced Jan 03, 2008
* The Image Quality of HD
* HD Video Lens
* Canon Exclusive: Full HD CMOS Sensor (1920 x 1080)
* Canon Exclusive: DIGIC DVII
* Canon Exclusive: SuperRange Optical Image Stabilization
-PeterG

Bobt
03-12-2008, 09:13 PM
>Hey, Bob! Doesn't your Canon HV20 sport the standard-sized
>HDMI output jack?
OH YEAH and I am watching it right now on my monitor
Not sure what the HV30 would do besides cost more. This thing is very nice for its price point. Its was a mere $690. Wish it had better low light. I would love to get the Sony version just for comparison and testing.

CreatvGnius
03-15-2008, 11:35 AM
>Hey, Bob! Doesn't your Canon HV20 sport the standard-sized
>HDMI output jack?
OH YEAH and I am watching it right now on my monitor
Not sure what the HV30 would do besides cost more...Perhaps the black cabinet gives it a certain coolness in aesthetics.
:hey:
-PeterG