PDA

View Full Version : Corona - Help with transparency

Bodger Bowham
02-28-2008, 06:58 AM
I have attached an image of a scene I am currently working on.

I'm sure you're all familiar with a Corona bottle. The labels are printed on the bottle rather than on paper.

I have made the labels by simply using a transparency map on a rectangular shape on the bottle's surface.

However, as you can see in my attached test render, the specularity etc. of the label carries on over the whole rectangle, making it appear is if the label is plastic and wrapped around the bottle.

I need to solve this, but how is it done? alpha maps?

I hope I have explained myself clearly. Obviously this piece is far from complete but feedback is appreciated.

gerry_g
02-28-2008, 07:24 AM
Copy geometry where label resides into new later, offset it by point something of a millimeter, use this layer for your label and apply your current alpha map through the object properties tab as a clip map – thats the little 'T' button at the top of the render tab section

Bodger Bowham
02-28-2008, 08:00 AM
Thanks, that works great! I had already offset the label, so it was a quick fix too. Very useful tip.

Exception
02-28-2008, 09:54 AM
Ha, here I was thinking you needed help with the corona plugin...

lardbros
02-28-2008, 03:38 PM
Ha, here I was thinking you needed help with the corona plugin...

That was my first thought and why i clicked on the thread!

Like they say eh, great minds think alike! :D

Speedmonk42
02-28-2008, 04:08 PM
I was hoping he needed help drinking them.

Exception
02-28-2008, 05:20 PM
Like they say eh, great minds think alike! :D

Well I thought of beer first, then corrected myself and said: "Stop thinking about beer! this is a CG forum! It's about a plugin!".
Part of my therapy program.

Great minds think alike but not everyone with the same idea thought the same way to get there :)

Bodger Bowham
02-29-2008, 04:30 AM
I am making a habit of modelling cigarettes and alcohol. Beer just looks so interesting to me. As does smoke.

safetyman
02-29-2008, 05:40 AM
You'd think the Corona plugin would fix this problem!