PDA

View Full Version : I need to convert a file

Billybopper1
02-27-2008, 02:01 PM
:help: Hi, I understand that a file from Adobe illustrator can be imported into modeler and convert to an object. I don't have illustrator, but I have a brush from Aura that I want to import into modeler to convert to an object. I loaded it as an image, but it's too pixelated to trace. What should I do?:help:

Andyjaggy
02-27-2008, 02:25 PM
You can adjust at what resolution modeler displays your image in the display options panel. you can go all the way up to 4096X4096 so you shouldn't have a problem.

medicalart
02-27-2008, 02:28 PM
You can use a TIF or JPG at a higher resolution. If you just want to trace it, two things come to mind: You could use the image in "Backdrop options" or you could draw a simple rectangle and apply the image as a front-projection to the surface of the rectangle.

paulhart
02-27-2008, 09:04 PM
Also make sure that when you export the original image from Aura, that it is high enough resolution to be useful. These are two different parameters, the resolution of the file output from the host program, and the resolution that you choose to display once in Lightwave, both of these are conditions for "raster" bitmap images. Also see if Aura has a choice to output an EPS file format (version 8 or earlier for compatibility with other programs) as these can be brought into Lightwave. There is an Open Source vector program out on the world stage (Inkscape (http://www.inkscape.org)) that is SVG compliant and should output an older version of EPS file to import, but this doesn't solve the creation of vector images from the Aura. Best to you.