PDA

View Full Version : Audio input problem vt 5

portchester tv
02-27-2008, 12:48 PM
:) I am using a nnovia hard drive going through the firewire vt card video is good no audio on my mixer on dv input any suggestions thanks tom

CreatvGnius
02-27-2008, 02:04 PM
:) I am using a nnovia hard drive going through the firewire vt card video is good no audio on my mixer on dv input any suggestions thanks tom

Periods and commas are good, Tom.:) That said -- for starters, some punctuation marks would certainly prove helpful in our deciphering your post more easily, that way we can be better informed so we can offer you that deserved assistance.

All that besides, tell us more clearly, just what's connected to what, and also, what you're trying to accomplish:

The nNovia drive is the intended destination of files you're capturing via DV input (while there's a DV deck or camera employed as the source of audio/video footage?

or...
The nNovia drive is the source of footage you're attempting to bring into VT[5] or [4], et al via DV input?

Is there an audio bit-rate setting or perhaps a "Channel Pair" setting on the source device (if it's a deck or camera) that needs to be tweaked, per the type of audio that's in the program (if this scenario applies at all)?

Any further clarifications for us are encouraged -- anything you believe will aid us in assisting you. Thanks.
-PeterG

portchester tv
02-27-2008, 06:23 PM
Have VT5 Installed on computer. I am using a nnovia harddrive which i have captured video on. The nnovia has a firewire connection. The firewire connection goes to the vt card. When the vt 5 is open i can play my video, it reconizes it as a dv source. The audio mixer shows it as a dv input. When i play the nnovia the video is fine , but no audio on the slide. I didi a test i hooked up a video camera mini dv, and played it back and i recieved audio. So are there limations of what vt 5 can capture. 12 bit, 16 bit. When i use vt 4 i have not had this issue. Thanks Tom ( The first post i was in a rush:) :)

jpause
04-23-2008, 09:25 PM
Interesting. I haven't tried to edit direct from our Nnovia unit. We usually dump to the video drive on the VT5, but I will try this and get back to you.