PDA

View Full Version : Scene Editor Mass Replace?

DanD
02-26-2008, 10:11 AM
I'm forcing myself to use the newer Scene Editor (I'm still hooked on the classic version) so I still can't figure out some things. My question: Say you have 100 or so objects and you want to replace them all with a newer or different object, how the heck do you you do that??? I went through all of the properties and I found the "Filename" tab under "Item"- "Name and Statistics" but it seems you can't select multiple objects. I know about the little "hidden" grey button to the left of the textbox but it seems you can only select one instance at a time. I also tried holding shift and cntrl to multi select but it dosen't seem to work. Anyone have any suggestions? This is something I always wanted to figure out how to do!

Thanks in advance!,
Dan

Steamthrower
02-26-2008, 10:19 AM
An easy manual way to do it is to rename the file name of your object and select a new object when reloading your scene in Layout.

DanD
02-26-2008, 10:33 AM
I was afraid someone was going to say that (thanks by the way). I've been doing that since version 1.0. Why why why can't you just select more than one object and replace it?!?!?! Ahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry.... I had to vent for a minute. I dabble in programming (among other things) and it seems to me it would take about 5 minutes to figure out how to do this. The other way is to go into a text editor and do a global search and replace with a different object name/path. It would be nice to do it right in LW for once. Maybe 9.5?

Also, I noticed that under the "Name and Statistics" tab everything is ghosted so that you can't make changes to it anyway even if you could multi-select.

A very miffed,
Dan

Steamthrower
02-26-2008, 11:10 AM
Try these:

http://www.flay.com/GetDetail.cfm?ID=1450
http://www.flay.com/GetDetail.cfm?ID=587

Hope these help...

juanjgon
02-26-2008, 12:59 PM
This is a simple lscript that works fine :)

//-----------------------------------------
// Batch Replace Object v 1.0
//-----------------------------------------
// 12-24-2004 by Blochi ([email protected])

@version 2.2
@warnings
@script generic

generic
{
curScene = Scene();
objList = curScene.getSelect(MESH);

if(objList)
{
file = getfile("Select Replacement Object","*lwo",getdir(OBJECTSDIR),1);
if(file)
{
for(i = 1; i <= size(objList); i++)
{
SelectItem(objList[i].id);
ReplaceWithObject(file);
}
}
}
}

DanD
02-26-2008, 12:59 PM
Thanks inigo07, I'll give these a try. The first one looks promising.

Dan