PDA

View Full Version : Keyframe generation All Items, all frames

Ramen Sama
02-26-2008, 02:29 AM
Been looking for a way to create a keyframe for all items, all frames, or better yet a range of frames.

For the game i'm working on, i found the best way to get accurate results in the game engine is to create as many keyframes as possible, so i'd like to run a plugin or something to create a keyframe for every item, everyframe or something close to it.

Anyone point me in the right direction?

Ramen Sama
02-26-2008, 02:56 AM
I should note i've tried using the dopetracks baking, which would work fine if i could get it to actually bake all items. I've tried setting up a global zone, but it still only bakes the current item.

Red_Oddity
02-26-2008, 04:03 AM
You mean the dopetrack that pops up atop the timeline? Because that does work overhere (rightmouse select a range and click bake), it doesn't do world coordinates though (so parented items still get keyframed with their local coordinates), the only way to parent an item to another and still be able to bake world coordinates is by using the old fashion expression motion modifier by using parentitem.wpos[time].x or something in that, not sure about the correct syntax

Ramen Sama
03-01-2008, 02:20 PM
It seems to bake for the selected items only. also, it doesn't properly bake. Try having an object "target" another, and then have it bake. it will not bake the rotation it should.

LW_Will
03-01-2008, 09:18 PM
You can use Bake Motion to give you a keyframe on every frame.

Ramen Sama
03-01-2008, 09:31 PM
Are you talking about using motion mixer?

Ramen Sama
03-01-2008, 09:43 PM
Oh, i see. you're talking about the motion capture Motion Plugin.

This will not work.

I have 90 bones that i need to generate keyframes for all of them. It'd be faster to just press enter on each frame and create keyframe for all items on every frame then to go in and activate each of them.

If this were a one time thing it wouldn't really be an issue. But i'm going to need to setup many scenes with animations and would like a simple method.