PDA

View Full Version : Input sync. glitch

bobby
07-15-2003, 08:21 AM
What does this error mean? Will my video be ok? I'm recording my weekly session right now and just noticed this on the capture panel. It's still recording, the audio levels like fine.

Should I do a Chop in case some of the inital video is messed up? I've only been recording for about 15 minutes so far. Maybe it was just a "glitch", as the error indicates...

SBowie
07-15-2003, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by bobby
What does this error mean? Will my video be ok? I'm recording my weekly session right now and just noticed this on the capture panel. It's still recording, the audio levels like fine.

Should I do a Chop in case some of the inital video is messed up? I've only been recording for about 15 minutes so far. Maybe it was just a "glitch", as the error indicates... Are you recording Program Out? This error is more likely if you are recording Main or Preview, and is usually indicative of a 'so-so' video source, timing wise. Recording Program Out will resolve it.

In the unlikely event you are already recording Program Out, the error is almost certainly caused by the PCI bus being too jammed up to carry the throughput necessary to record. That seems unlikely if you are normally succesful...

bobby
07-18-2003, 02:41 PM
Yes, I was recording Program Out. It's only done it that one time, and it didn't seem to be a problem. I was just concerned that my video might be messed up or out of sync. But it seemed fine. I'm not sure what would cause that behavior, as I setup everything the same way I always do.

Anyhoo, guess I won't worry about it. I'm looking forward to the VT3 upgrade!