PDA

View Full Version : Trouble previewing Node editor

Mark Biasotti
02-21-2008, 04:25 PM
I have LW 9.2 and Fprime3. I don't think this is an Fprime problem but I'm a newby to Node surface editing.

Take a look at the attachment of my screen. What's wrong with this picture?

If I assign a color input to my surface, shouldn't that color show up in my camera window (with shaded texture view mode) and in Fprime? It seems like node editing isn't previewing in my Camera view or in Fprime. Is there a switch I need to turn on somewhere? an F9 does render the object correctly with the pink color.

In the surface editor panel my preview material shows the pink color but the swatch in the color channel in the default editor panel is greyed out (not accessable) and shows white. What gives?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Mark

Maxx
02-21-2008, 09:03 PM
I don't own FPrime, so this may be a stupid question, but.. If you're running FPrime 3.0, why does the window read FPrime 2.1? You sure you've got the right version running? As I recall, Nodal compatibility was only added in 3.0 and higher.

Oh, and as for the OGL - no. OpenGL right now will not show anything from Nodal. I'm hoping this changes soon, though.

One more edit (I need to read posts more thoroughly before replying...). Your color channel in the Layered Surface Editor is grayed out because you've got an input piped in to the color input in the Node Editor. This effectively turns off the Layer editing system in favor of the Node system.

RedBull
02-21-2008, 09:18 PM
I don't own FPrime, so this may be a stupid question, but.. If you're running FPrime 3.0, why does the window read FPrime 2.1? You sure you've got the right version running? As I recall, Nodal compatibility was only added in 3.0 and higher.

Yep, FPrime 2.1 will not preview nodes, best off running FP3.2 or you will have problems even with some nodes under 3.0.

Mark Biasotti
02-21-2008, 09:20 PM
Max,

That I didn't realize that it was Fprime2, it should be three. I'll have to go back and take a look at my plug-in. You answered my question.

Thanks

Mark

Maxx
02-22-2008, 01:10 PM
Max,

That I didn't realize that it was Fprime2, it should be three. I'll have to go back and take a look at my plug-in. You answered my question.

Thanks

Mark
Cool. I didn't know if Worley was just having fun with the version numbering or if there was some sort of mix-up there. Glad you got it figured out, however!