PDA

View Full Version : can't seperate

hydrowire
07-15-2003, 05:28 AM
hi

i model a chair in modeler. it consist a chair bone and chair surface. i want to texture the bone to metal and the surface to sea blue color but whenever i choose and apply a color/texture, it apply to all two (the bone and surface) at once.

that means i can't use different texture in one modeler model.

how to use two texture in one model that have different object?

thanks

riki
07-15-2003, 06:24 AM
That's a very good question. Select the surface and use the 'q' Key to give it a name.

iandavis
07-20-2003, 06:37 PM
I had the same question when I started with LW. The easiest thing to do is keep your objects on separate layers in modeller untill you are complete, this way you can easily select them to change the textures. Once complete you can create a complete version for importing into Layout. One trick (which you may not know) is to select a polygon and hit the "[" (I think... or "]", I'm not in LW right now) It will select all attached polygons. Good for selecting different parts of a model quickly for texturing. Also get used to the info panel "w" this allows you to select groups of polygons, or points based on their attributes (either texture or number of points, etc.)

good luck.

hydrowire
07-21-2003, 03:22 AM
still the same thing.

i create a sphere on layer 1, then a cube on layer 2.
when i apply preset texture to layer 2 cube, it applies to my layer 1 sphere too. then when i apply another preset texture to layer 1 sphere, it applies to my layer 2 cube

how do i apply different texture ??!?!

please help...
thanks

toby
07-21-2003, 04:10 AM
the 2 objects must have 2 different surface names -

WCameron
07-21-2003, 04:13 AM
In POLYGON mode, on Layer one LASSO your entire object so
all its polygons are selected (highlited in yellow).

Push the q key.

Type in "Texture 1" in the requester box and hit OK (You can really type any name in there THAT will be your Texture name for that object).

go to Layer 2 (or Object two if you have more than one object inthe same layer).

LASSO the entire object so all its polygons are selected. Push
q. Give that item a texture name. etc. etc.

you can also select some polygons by hand and do the same thing, thus you can have different Textures on one single object.

what your doing is creating tons of object wit the name "default' as a texture. so in your surface editor when you apply a preset texture to default its applied to all objects with a default texture.

- Will.