PDA

View Full Version : Comic/Storyboard sketch

Ark_of_Kaos
02-21-2008, 02:46 PM
Here is a recent page I did. Trying to practice drawing (I'm a beginner) and try out ideas for a story I'm working on. It's not the greatest, but it's mine :D

Ark_of_Kaos
02-21-2008, 02:51 PM
Here is an earlier practice page.

bluerider
02-21-2008, 03:56 PM
If its a story board, its is great, its all you need for storyboard, if anything its maybe slightly to finished.

If its a comic stripe I like it as well. Will you be keeping it monochrome or will you be colorizing it like the final image. :)

Ark_of_Kaos
02-21-2008, 06:57 PM
Thanks. Actually I sort of did it in comic form because I haven't yet decided if I want to animate this story or create a comic. I was leaning towards animation because I'm just a very beginner artist and I really haven't found my niche yet and I'm not sure if I have enough experience yet to do good drawing work and maintain consistency throughout. Of course, I really don't have a whole lot of 3d experience either, so we'll see where it goes. The story right now is mostly in written form and the writing is still in progress, so I've not yet committed myself to which visual medium I want to present it in.

The first image is not yet colorized, but I intend to do so. First I just want to do some black work while I practice.

bluerider
02-22-2008, 09:16 AM
Ark_of_Kaos,
Try to make sure you set aside 10 minutes a day of sketching and keep up the good work.

Also developing your story/ script idea with the comic/storyboard is a great idea. That way your developing your own intellectual property, who knows where that can go :) .

Ark_of_Kaos
02-22-2008, 02:16 PM
Thanks for the great advice, bluerider. I'll sketch a little everyday and create scenes from the story that stand out in my mind. I already have one character design sketched up for this story, I just have to work on the rest now. Sometimes I feel like I'm in a little over my head, but I continue on because I love to create. One day I might actually be as good as most other people around here.