PDA

View Full Version : weave procedural plugin?

eblu
02-21-2008, 08:31 AM
co-worker from LW windows asked me to render something for him (8 cores baby).
it has a procedural texture called "Weave".
I don't have it in My UB Lightwave, I don't think it was in my PPC version (beginning to see if thats Still on my drive)
He tells me its a standard procedural.

anybody else have it? or remember it?
is it an add on? or standard procedural that for some reason isn't available to me?

eblu
02-21-2008, 08:35 AM
strike that... its Called "Weaves"
Lightwave Text display bugs are annoying.

biut the main question still remains, anybody have it? is it a default procedural?

Glendalough
02-21-2008, 09:47 AM
strike that... its Called "Weaves"
Lightwave Text display bugs are annoying.

biut the main question still remains, anybody have it? is it a default procedural?

This is probably one of the Renderman procedurals as there is one by that name. You can get these free from Dpont (?) for PPC and UB

eblu
02-21-2008, 10:46 AM
thats the one.
thanks Glendalough!

rakker16mm
02-21-2008, 10:50 AM
co-worker from LW windows asked me to render something for him (8 cores baby).
it has a procedural texture called "Weave".
I don't have it in My UB Lightwave, I don't think it was in my PPC version (beginning to see if thats Still on my drive)
He tells me its a standard procedural.

anybody else have it? or remember it?
is it an add on? or standard procedural that for some reason isn't available to me?

Are you talking about the Weave shader (ftp://ftp.newtek.com/multimedia/movies/w3dw/Weave.mov)?

eblu
02-21-2008, 11:39 AM
rakker16mm,
nope. this one is a procedural texture that applies in the texture layer panel.
thanks for the input tho.
-eb

rakker16mm
02-21-2008, 09:54 PM
What does this weave are looking for do?

eblu
02-22-2008, 05:46 AM
uhh... a coworker had a weaves texture applied to one of his models. He told me it came with Lightwave, so i started poking around for it. Turns out its an add on, and it makes textures that look like woven fibers. you can use it in your color channel, or your bump, etc...

rakker16mm
02-22-2008, 12:06 PM
That sounds like the weave shader. Any way I use it to make things like Tatami mats, quilts, I even used it to make a tire pattern for a giant wheel.

toby
02-23-2008, 01:53 AM
It sounds like the Legacy plugin for LW. Search for "Shadfilt.p" on your hard drive, and load it via Add Plugins. That's the one that came with LW anyway.

eblu
02-25-2008, 05:33 AM
?
rakker, toby...
thanks guys I appreciate it, really, but glendalough figured it out. once I loaded that plugin, Lightwave stopped complaining, and my Renders looked exactly like my co-worker's. I'm sure there are several different texture plugins for weaves, we found the one I was looking for.

toby
02-26-2008, 01:48 AM
That's weird, was it always a Dpont plugin, or did they duplicate it? Bizarre