PDA

View Full Version : Buying Lightwave for use on my Mac

mykyl
02-21-2008, 06:09 AM
Hi folks,

Finally in a position to purchase Lightwave myself and reading the news about 9.5 really has solidified my plans for it.

However I seem to be having an issue getting the Lightwave trial to show up in my account to test in on my Mac. I have been a pc user for many years who moved to Mac about 3 months ago and want to test that it works properly on my machine.

Are there any issues in general running Lightwave on a mac running Leopard? I am on an Intel Mac as you may have guessed by the recent purchase.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. I hope they get the trial sorted out as Its been a week since the problem was passed to the tech people.

Thank you

Mike Ross

Darth Mole
02-21-2008, 06:59 AM
Make sure you d/l the UB version. The PPC version runs under Rosetta emulation.

To be honest, I've not tried the trial versions - I assume they should just work as normal, but with point/poly limitations and watermarked screen.

mykyl
02-21-2008, 07:06 AM
Thanks for that. I got it and am testing at the moment. I just want to make sure its at least as stable as other apps I currently use. If so then its a no brainer and I will be purchasing tomorrow.

Cheers

Mike R

mykyl
02-22-2008, 05:31 PM
All done and dusted. Its with UPS on its way. Finally as of Monday I will have my hands on Lightwave.

Cheers

Mike R

toby
02-23-2008, 01:55 AM
Congrats Mike, we'll expect to see you around here :)

paul summers
02-23-2008, 11:59 AM
Congrats

mykyl
02-23-2008, 02:16 PM
Cheers Folks.

Mike R