PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone explain this to me, my brain hurts?!

aloysius1001
02-21-2008, 01:41 AM
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z156/aloy1001/screengrab.jpg
My geometry appears to be backwards in the front view when selected. The blue lines represent the origins and the yellow the selected poly. I lined up the corners of the building so all the geometry would be in positive xyz space. I did notice that I lined up the incorrect corner in the front view, but I also noticed when I brought this screen grab into PS that it would have been impossible to align it correctly. I also noticed(although this isn't a problem for me) that the z space extending away from me was positive, shouldn't it be negative? It would seem there is some key concept that I'm having difficulty wrapping my noodle around. Can anyone explain?

DogBoy
02-21-2008, 01:50 AM
Switch you view to Back instead of Front, as -x to +x goes left to right. I always think of Back as facing towards the back, not from the back.

aloysius1001
02-21-2008, 01:53 AM
I thought about that, but it sounded too easy. I guess "front" is more like looking to the front, not looking at the front.

Thanks

meshpig
02-21-2008, 03:39 AM
Back is front in LW.

What sometimes does cook you noodle is starting in LW and exporting to other formats. Y isn't up either, so you bare it in mind.

m