PDA

View Full Version : Digg up LW9.5

Philbert
02-20-2008, 01:51 PM
I posted the 9.5 announcement on Digg.com, if enough people digg it fast it'll hit the front page and get LW lots of publicity

http://digg.com/design/NewTek_Announces_LightWave_3D_9_5

Cageman
02-20-2008, 01:59 PM
Sorry to say, but I doupt alot of people who previously have not signed up for a membership at that site will Digg this... at all.. to much stuff to do in order to make a 'Digg' ...crap site!

EDIT: Your intensions are great! Really, but that site makes me ignore it... sorry...

Philbert
02-20-2008, 02:05 PM
It only takes a few seconds, much faster than signing up for a forum and there's no confirmation email. Neverko, you may call it a popularity contest, I call it free publicity.

http://digg.com/register/

DiedonD
02-20-2008, 02:15 PM
Hi Philbert.

Ive registered, now how do I make Newteks latest release more publickly known again? Where do I go, how does the site work?

Philbert
02-20-2008, 02:22 PM
Hi Philbert.

Ive registered, now how do I make Newteks latest release more publickly known again? Where do I go, how does the site work?

Just got the first link I posted and click the "Digg it" under the yellow Digg button. It's at 3 now, it'll go up to 4. If you like, leave a comment. Right now it's listed under Upcoming Stories. If it gets enough Diggs it will be moved to the front page of the site automatically.

DiedonD
02-20-2008, 02:40 PM
I dugg it alright. But leaving a comment! ... Hem... Instead of making funny letters and numbers, they use voice, which when you hear it, the area where you should type the letters and numbers is no longer and you should memorize it until it reapears again :thumbsdow

But Digging was way too easy. Just a clickaway. If it really helps serving like an adv, we know Newtek needs plenty of em. This ones free. Why not? Just digg and forget it, if youd ask me.

Philbert
02-20-2008, 02:43 PM
BTW it's doubtful that any 3D software story would get on it, but you never know it might be picked for the Diggnation weekly show
http://revision3.com/diggnation/

Steamthrower
02-20-2008, 02:45 PM
I personally hate Digg (what a stupid concept and site) but dugg and commented anyway.

iconoclasty
02-20-2008, 02:56 PM
Wow, lot of digg hate going around. I know it's not what it once was, but I still like to visit.

ercaxus
02-20-2008, 02:57 PM
Digg and reddit have news that you wouldn't hear in other places.

Steamthrower
02-20-2008, 02:58 PM
I'm a StumbleUpon guy all the way through. :)

mosconariz
02-21-2008, 08:51 PM
dugg.

digg it's not that bad, sometimes it has interesting news... or something...
and, yeah, sometimes it has ron paul spam, who's ron paul by the way? a candidate with less than 10% of preferences is not a candidate... well, whatever

iconoclasty
02-22-2008, 07:28 AM
You almost tricked me mosconariz. You're not baiting me into a Ron Paul fight. This thread will stay on track.

Steamthrower
02-22-2008, 08:40 AM
Digg is really just a vanity site. Kind of like a really lame and pathetic Facebook. If you find something mediocrely interesting you post it and hope you become a one-second wonder...

theo
02-22-2008, 08:56 AM
The Digg concept is an excellent one. The originator, obviously, hasn't suffered too badly for it.

The issue that irritates me, though, with social sites like Digg, which include Facebook and MySpace and others, is the explosive and contemptuous way people of different views interact with one another.

It is possible to be passionate and strong in one's stance without the needless motivation to destroy an alternative approach with strikingly rude and crass invectives that are designed to intimidate rather than repudiate.

I rarely hit these sites anymore, except briefly when a specific need arises.

Steamthrower
02-22-2008, 09:03 AM
I'd agree that the underlying concept is nice - but that's without people in the equation. Put people in the equation and it all gets messed up. People start abusing the system to advertise for themselves or just fill it chock full of meaningless nonsense.

I don't do Facebook, MySpace, Digg, any of the others...the social networking is just shallow if you don't actually know the folks in real life.

Red_Oddity
02-22-2008, 12:03 PM
Very true, that goes for more systems that depend on social interactivity of its user base (just look at how many wiki sites get abused because people just don't behave in a social manner).

Also, i hate MySpace mostly because 99.999999% of the MySpace sites look like they where designed by monkeys on acid with their eyeballs removed.

Philbert
02-22-2008, 05:18 PM
I've stayed far from MySpace and Facebook, I don't even know what Facebook looks like actually. Though you're making me feel bad for my Plaxo and Pownce pages.

I consider Digg to be something entirely different in that it has a purpose other than than social networking. Unfortunately people seem to be turning it into a social network. I personally use it to get my news, and it's usually good, interesting news. So I feel like if you use it for it's intended purpose it's a good site. Not to mention the hilarious show that goes along with it (Diggnation).

hrgiger
02-22-2008, 05:30 PM
Personally, I don't think that anyone college age or over should have a myspace/facebook page. It's either egotistic or just creepy. Or both. I havent' decided which yet.

ercaxus
02-23-2008, 12:01 AM
It helps you find interesting things that you didn't bump into yet. I didn't know about TED (http://www.ted.com) before. Awesome thing.

darkChief
02-23-2008, 12:50 AM
Personally, I don't think that anyone college age or over should have a myspace/facebook page. It's either egotistic or just creepy. Or both. I havent' decided which yet.

lol facebook is just fun. And yes I am a ego maniac and it lets me know wat my friends are up to.:D

iconoclasty
02-23-2008, 07:16 AM
Myspace is how you finds the ladies.

Steamthrower
02-23-2008, 07:57 AM
lolz that is leik so tru i mean rofl dude its so kewl. like all my freidns are on myspace & facebooks and liek it's so good 4 me 2 advetize my business on. i get lik hundrds of friend requests and that;s wht its all about. btw i think fcabook rox - it 2 awsome dig it man! lolz.

IMI
02-23-2008, 08:00 AM
Myspace is how you finds the ladies.

I guess I've been going about it all wrong then. I've found supermarkets to be a great source, occasionally offering immediate gratification without a bunch of BS to go along with it. :D
At least in a supermarket you know you've found a lady and not some fat, freaky, fifty-five year-old guy named Rock. ;)