PDA

View Full Version : have a problem with merge polys

suny
02-20-2008, 01:53 AM
when i select some polys in subpatch mode and then i aply merge polys that polys disapear they are cuted, but when i merge polys in geometry mode without subpatch mode they merge good,,some knows why happen this? do i have to select a option in some place or what im doing wrong helllppppmeee:confused:

thanks

Skonk
02-20-2008, 03:37 AM
Its most likely because the polygon created by merging has more than 4 points and thus cannot be subpatched.

Lewis
02-20-2008, 09:57 AM
Yes SpenkDaddy is RIGHt oyu can't use polys wiht more than 4 points (or less than 3) in SubPatch mode but if you want that to work you can switch to Catmull-Clark subDs and it'll work.

Surrealist.
02-20-2008, 01:05 PM
when i select some polys in subpatch mode and then i aply merge polys that polys disapear they are cuted, but when i merge polys in geometry mode without subpatch mode they merge good,,some knows why happen this? do i have to select a option in some place or what im doing wrong helllppppmeee:confused:

thanks

Also many times when you merge polys you leave points behind on an edge. So also check in wireframe mode to see if you have left points on the edge.