PDA

View Full Version : old school toaster newbie

ddogg66
07-14-2003, 08:00 PM
I am completely new to the Amiga world. I had an A2000 given to me complete with toaster card , workbench soft installed and Toaster soft installed. I've been using the A2000 as a real-time effects processor of sorts for use in live music/entertainment events (projected visuals). I noticed some problems with my A2000 recently.

What I'd really like to know is where someone like myself can get all the info needed to:

1. Find and install software (including the OS Workbench-and what version of workbench is best; toaster software including which version is best for A2000) and how to install it (was told Newtek sells all soft on CD and I can use a SCSI CD-rom drive to xfer files [i've NEVER even installed soft on my A2000! How is that done?])

2. How to run software maintenence on an A2000 (ie my system tells me certain blocks on my HDD can't be validated? Also when i start up toaster soft it says can't find RS file? I just normally cancel all these pop-ups and proceed to the toaster interface [2.0 i believe])

3. I've looked long and far for info on old amiga machine but with VERY little luck, so that is why I'm here on this forum.

Please help! I was born in 1978 so you can imagine i'm having a hard time finding info on the system that was most popular before I knew what a computer was :rolleyes: Thanks you to anyone who can help direct this wannabe Amiga lover:D

wilebill
07-18-2003, 05:02 PM
Probably the best place to get help is on the yahoogroups mail lists. You'll need to go to yahoo, find the groups (they don't make it easy) then do a search for "Amiga". You'll get a couple of hundred, and a lot of Spanish groups since Amiga means Girl Friend in Spanish.

Some of the best lists to subscribe to are the Video Toaster Flyer Mail List (VTFML) since it deals mostly in T/F. One that deals mostly in Amigas is Just-Amiga. Both of these groups have several hundred members and are quite helpful.

Good luck.

Billy

DaveO
07-19-2003, 07:40 AM
You can find a lot of Amiga hardware and software on Ebay. One of the best sights is run by Night Owl Computers whose e-store front is located at http://www.stores.ebay.com/id=985820. IF you have basic questions I may be able to help. If you need technical questions one of the best dealers in the country for Amiga products and Newtek products (old and state-of-the-art) is Video Hardware , (Blaine Holm) at www.videohardware.com.[/url]
Regards,
Dave Owens

ddogg66
07-19-2003, 05:36 PM
I wasn't sure if I'd get a response. I REALLY appreciate the leads guys!

Anyone else want to reply, please do. I love my (Spainish) girlfriend!!!