PDA

View Full Version : Rounder question

Otterman
02-18-2008, 10:46 AM
I feel lame asking this but wots the deal with rounder!

Works a treat until i get to letters that have a hole punched out of em,

ie, O's B's P's etc....

Wots the protocal of getting around this?

RollerJesus
02-18-2008, 10:53 AM
I'm assuming, you had the 'O' selected when you tried rounder? (it's not in the screenshot)

Otterman
02-18-2008, 10:59 AM
yup-was selected, it just falls over when u do it-hum:thumbsdow

markschum
02-18-2008, 11:31 AM
I have had huge problems with rounder crashing , to the point that I now EXPECT it to fail. I have found what helps is to select only one face to round and to make sure there are no edges selected that arent appropriate , like the front face of the O has one edge that crosses the face . I would add a point to that edge so it can be deselected. Rounder will then do the outer and inner edges of that polygon OK.

Otterman
02-19-2008, 03:40 AM
markschum-ive added a point like you suggested but its still not playing ball-
I keep getting the same error message--

"A selected point is not inside the surface ot the selected polygon"

Dont add up to me?

Von Polygon
02-19-2008, 06:53 AM
Hi, Do you have to use rounder for this one? I would use bevel or multi-shift tool and leave bending the text for last. Just tried it quickly, and rounder works on my machine, I'm not on a Mac though.

JeffrySG
02-19-2008, 08:17 AM
I'm sure there are some small issues with the 'O' that is keeping rounder from working. Check to see if you need to merge any points. Maybe try to round only one part of the 'O' first. That will help you find out where the problem area is.

JeffrySG
02-19-2008, 08:53 AM
^ps. if you post the 'O' as a separate file here, maybe we can take a look at it for you...