PDA

View Full Version : Two things I learned about Time Warp

Carm3D
02-17-2008, 03:48 PM
I just used Time Warp for the first time. Two things I learned:

1. You cannot have an envelope on the camera's blur length.

2. Time Warp does not work with ScreamerNet. :(

In the future, I will be hesitant to do the Time Warp again.

Stooch
02-17-2008, 04:43 PM
thank you very much for this important info. this pretty much means that timewarp is useless for production. Way to go with the pseudo features NT lol. How are we supposed to render it with our render farm? one PC render is not an option. I guess well have to discard it into the wishful features can along with CCs, Voxel Motion blur, etc. :(

Rusherific
02-04-2009, 07:45 PM
I have a suspicion that the reason that doesn't work is because the first frame of an animation never positions/blurs correctly with Timewarp. Of course network rendering's basically "restarting" an animation each time a node gets a frame to render. Seems to me that is something terribly easy for Newtek to fix, even with some kind of rewind-one-frame-cache-state-and-advance kludge like tape decks have to do when laying down frame by frame. Sometimes they leave me to wonder...

monovich
02-04-2009, 09:01 PM
timewarp is super buggy. beware! its really more of a hack than anything else.

I prefer motion mixer and adding a timewarp curve to that. if you want to fly through your motion blurs, just keyframe the motion blur length in proportion to the motion mixer camera slowdown.

I'm not sure that makes any sense, but there it is.

Rusherific
02-05-2009, 07:20 PM
Can you expand on timewarping with motion mixer? Motion mixer is one of those places I've just never been in lightwave. Is there literally a curve in there that works the same way as the camera timewarp? Does it apply to the whole scene or do you make one for each object?