PDA

View Full Version : Trail Version V9??

tridymite
02-16-2008, 06:10 AM
Hi,

I havent seen the trail version for lightwave 9.3. So I talked to a friend and he still hade a trail version of lightwave 9. I installed it but it seems that a few things are missing:

- load images into the image editor doesnt work, so I cant put my images on to a surface in the modeller

Is this just this _trail_ version? The plugins work and show up after I loaded them. I read in the forum that reinstalling works, but for a trail version as well?

Does someone now when there will be a trail version from the new lightwave 9.3. I wanted to try ist first, before I buy it as it is expensive. I have 3ds now (still on PC) and wanted to switch as 3ds doesnt run on Mac.

Thx for some help
Romi

Phil
02-16-2008, 10:25 AM
Follow the NewTek Europe link in my signature. That will get you up and running with a demo of 9.3.1.

Note that the release version of 9.3.1 appears a little way down the page on register.newtek.com - don't download the beta version which is listed above the release version.

medicalart
02-16-2008, 01:54 PM
It's usually on the Newtek website, 3D Products tab and says "Trial version" but

I just saw this message "Program Update in Process. Please check back."

tridymite
02-16-2008, 08:28 PM
Hm, I followed the link, got to the page, clicked in "here" an registered. Ok, I am in now but my downloads are empty. (Does the system needs a while to look at my account?)

QUOTE:
LightWave v9.3.1 Downloads

You dont have any LightWave[9] registrations with NewTek for the username you logged in with.
LightWave [8] Downloads

You dont have any LightWave[8] registrations with NewTek for the username you logged in with.
LiveSet Generator

LiveSet Generator for Lightwave is a free download of NewTek’s advanced LiveSet authoring tool that generates photo-real sets for use in TriCaster STUDIO and VT[5], and requires LightWave v 9.3.1 Windows 32-bit.
--------------------------------------------

Do I do something wrong?

My products: empty.

If I go in the "home" page, I can see the drop down menu, but than it asks for a registration# that I dont have because I couldnt download the trail version.
------------------------
The "update" is on the american website.

Thx, somehow I feel stupid...

meshpig
02-17-2008, 01:51 AM
Hm, I followed the link, got to the page, clicked in "here" an registered. Ok, I am in now but my downloads are empty. (Does the system needs a while to look at my account?)

QUOTE:
LightWave v9.3.1 Downloads

You dont have any LightWave[9] registrations with NewTek for the username you logged in with.
LightWave [8] Downloads

You dont have any LightWave[8] registrations with NewTek for the username you logged in with.
LiveSet Generator

LiveSet Generator for Lightwave is a free download of NewTek’s advanced LiveSet authoring tool that generates photo-real sets for use in TriCaster STUDIO and VT[5], and requires LightWave v 9.3.1 Windows 32-bit.
--------------------------------------------

Do I do something wrong?

My products: empty.

If I go in the "home" page, I can see the drop down menu, but than it asks for a registration# that I dont have because I couldnt download the trail version.
------------------------
The "update" is on the american website.

Thx, somehow I feel stupid...

Hi

The trial has been seemingly out of action for weeks around here. In any case you login by setting up a username, download the 9.2 trial and then you get a temporary licence for 30 days.

The 9.3.1 download requires a permanent key which you buy as 9.2, so just look for the 9.2 download

m

Phil
02-17-2008, 05:40 AM
Ugh. NewTek US continues to drop the ball. Pinging [email protected]

tridymite
02-17-2008, 08:16 AM
???

@m: There is no link to neither download 9.3 or 9.2. My downloads are empty, I could download "LiveSet Generator" but this is not what I want.

I am giving up and just model without images... or wait until they fixed their trail version.

meshpig
02-18-2008, 02:17 AM
???

@m: There is no link to neither download 9.3 or 9.2. My downloads are empty, I could download "LiveSet Generator" but this is not what I want.

I am giving up and just model without images... or wait until they fixed their trail version.

You mean you get this sort of thing?

m

Phil
02-18-2008, 03:36 AM
No, he appears to be suggesting that the list in register.newtek.com is empty and there is nothing available under 'my downloads'

A workaround is to pull directly from :

ftp://lw9download:[email protected]/lw9.3.1_win32.zip

tridymite
02-18-2008, 06:39 AM
Hi,
He is a she. ;-)

I will try the workaround at home, hope it works for MAC as well.

Thx for all the help guys!!!

Phil
02-18-2008, 06:47 AM
D'oh. It was a 50-50 guess. :D

Phil
02-18-2008, 06:49 AM
Hi,
He is a she. ;-)

I will try the workaround at home, hope it works for MAC as well.

Thx for all the help guys!!!

No - that's the Win32/Win64 build.

Mac is available as two separate downloads :

PowerPC :
ftp://lw9download:[email protected]/lw9.3.1_mac32.zip

UB (Intel and PowerPC) :
ftp://lw9download:[email protected]/lw9.3.1_macUB.zip

tridymite
02-18-2008, 05:44 PM
Yeah, dance... happy smile.
It worked. I can play with Lightwave including the image loader... trying to model some fun stuff and than decide if I gonna buy Lightwave.

Unfortunatly, I am married, otherwise, just feel kissed. :-D

Thx a lot guys, you were so patient. And now I am able to dance hm, lightwave...

*dance*

tridy