View Full Version : whats the right way to do this?(image map)

07-14-2003, 12:21 PM
Hey Guys
what is the correct way to do this basically I want the text or mapped movie to go with the contour of the 3d plains, like a light board (stockmarket etc.)
you can see Im almost there but the edges are stretched. does any one know the correct way to do this. Im doing the movie in ae and the text basically goes from left to right, and I want it to travel on the 3d object like it doe in the ae movie.
any I deas?

07-14-2003, 02:18 PM
First you will need to create a UV map for your object. Click on the T button in the bottom right corner of modeler and then click the drop down menu and select "new." Name the map and make sure the y axis is selected and choose planar mapping type. Now you have a UV map. Open the surface editor and click the T texture button for the surface you are using. Select the UV mapping type and then below it choose your movie file. Now it should work the way you want.