PDA

View Full Version : Render artifacts using TGA image sequence

medicalart
02-15-2008, 05:00 PM
If I do a singe frame render, everything is fine. But if I render it as a TGA image sequence I get weird streaking (see circled area in photo). Any ideas?

It's always something...

medicalart
02-15-2008, 05:02 PM
Here's the photo from previous post.

medicalart
02-16-2008, 01:57 PM
Was supposed to read "single" frame render, everything is fine. But if I render it as a TGA image sequence I get weird streaking (see circled area in photo). Any ideas?

kopperdrake
02-17-2008, 09:35 AM
Never seen that before!

What version of LW are you using?

medicalart
02-17-2008, 10:36 AM
version 9.3.1 on a PC.
The closest thing I've seen before is when an object's Subdivision was set to "First" instead of "Last." But I'm baffled as to why it's fine on a single frame render, but not on a multiple frame render.

Exception
02-18-2008, 12:19 AM
Wow!
Is this repeatable?
Be sure to pack up that scene and send it to [email protected] with a good description, they'll be curious about that at the Newtek offices!

lardbros
02-18-2008, 03:55 AM
Surely it's not just using TGA's that causes that is it? Does it do it with other image formats? That is an odd one!

RollerJesus
02-18-2008, 01:19 PM
I had a problem ismilar to this recently. I modeled a vehivle witht he wheels, then deleted the wheels from the object, saved in modeler, but they would arbitrarily appear in Layout occasionally.

I ended up saving the object under a new name and doing a replace in Layout and it straightened it out. I can't confirm it was only during animation renders however.

stib
02-18-2008, 06:33 PM
I had some weird streaking with TGAs, when I was using them as alpha mattes in AE. Differently weird to that though, it was just some vertical streaks of random noise.

medicalart
02-18-2008, 09:24 PM
I did a bunch of tests with this scene and it seems to be some 3rd party plug-in issues. The streaking in particular was part of a Trailer (3rd party plug-in) render. The streaking was there with TIF format too. (Again, single frame render was fine, but in scene render the streak appeared.) While trying to isolate which setting it was, LW kept crashing so I never got to the bottom of it.
I 've isolated the objects and made some adjustment, and for now it seems to work ok. Tomorrow I will try to bring it into the main scene.